The BBA in General Business - provides students with the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary for a successful career in the global business environment. Students in international business study the business practices of other nations and learn about the international aspects of finance, management, marketing, cultural and legal issues, and logistics. The IB program is unique in that it combines preparation in business administration with foreign language training, area studies, and a meaningful overseas work or study experience.
General business majors have a broad degree of career choices. The ones most suited to their degree depend on the specific course selection. General business prepares students for careers ranging from entrepreneurial ventures, small business or family business proprietorship, to corporate careers in many of the areas listed for the other business majors.
There are no program specific admission requirements.
Students receiving a BBA degree from the Turner College of Business will:
- demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving and decision-making in a business context.
- demonstrate knowledge of key business disciplines and concepts.
- recognize and analyze ethical issues in a business context.
- demonstrate knowledge of global business concepts and cultural diversity in a business context.
- communicate effectively in a business context.
- demonstrate proficiency in using information technology in a business context.
Students completing the General Business major should be prepared to:
- demonstrate knowledge of HR planning, recruiting, selection, training, development, compensation, benefits, performance management feedback, and disciplinary systems
- demonstrate the ability to apply basic psychological theories of decision-making based on value priorities and perceptions
- apply capital budgeting analysis to identify positive NPV investment opportunities to increase the firm value.
- apply critical thinking skills to evaluate different options for starting, operating and growing a small business.
Additional Program Requirements
All students must earn C or better in Area F, C average in Area G, C or better in Area H, and C average in Area I business electives.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 17, 2018