Accountants are skilled financial problem-solvers and critical thinkers who use accounting information to make informed and ethical business decisions.
Every industry and sector — businesses and organizations of all sizes — needs accountants, so it’s no surprise that accounting-related careers will grow faster than average through 2024, according to the United States Department of Labor.
The accounting major at A.C.U. will prepare you for this in-demand, diverse profession.
University Requirements: 56 credit hours
+ Major Requirements: 63 credit hours
+ Electives: 9 credit hours
= Total Required: 128 credit hours*
*Based on track selection
You’ll take courses such as:
- Financial Accounting
- Income Tax
- Fundamentals of Auditing
- Business Law
What fields are available after graduation?
- Corporate Accountant
- Internal Auditor
- Financial Analyst
- External Auditor
- Tax Professional
- Tax Examiner/Revenue Agent
- Personal Financial Advisor
- Long-Term: Chief Financial Officer
Experiential Learning Opportunities
College of Business Administration students, including accounting majors, can participate in a number of relevant learning and networking activities including:
- Student Accounting Organization
- Study abroad
- Originally known as STAR (Student Trading and Research), FIN 439: Student Managed Fund, is an incredible opportunity for students to manage part of A.C.U.’s endowment and earn college credit. Currently, students manage over $900,000
- Domestic short trips to New York City in the heart of the financial district
About the College of Business Administration
The AACSB-accredited College of Business Administration at A.C.U. equips emerging leaders through academic excellence, faith infusions, global experience and career readiness. The Mabee Business Building is a 55,000-square-foot space with 17 state-of-the-art classrooms and labs, common areas (including the bright and airy atrium), a cafe and computer lab.
The College houses two departments: Accounting and Finance and Management Sciences, and the School of Information Technology and Computing.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 13, 2018