Students can earn a Bachelor of Business Administration in the major areas of Accounting, Management, and Project Management. All BBA candidates must satisfactorily complete the following set of eight Business Core Courses regardless of declared major:
- BA 300 Business Law
- BA 310 Principles of Finance
- BA 313 Organizational Behavior
- BA 330 Principles of Project Management
- BA 345 Managerial Accounting
- BA 456 Marketing Management
- BA 461 Ethical and Legal Aspects of Business
- BA 490 BA Capstone
Students pursuing a Management major for a BBA at Northern’s School of Business develop competency in applying technology to business strategy and management decision-making through case studies, team projects, Internet use, as well as computer applications and systems integration.
The Management major covers the breadth of business-related disciplines. It does not provide specific specialization but rather exposes the student to various business functions. This major is ideally suited to the new or transfer upper-division business student or for the student interested in concurrently pursuing a non-business area of study.
In addition to satisfying the Requirements for Admission, and completing the Business Core Courses, a Management major must also complete the following 6 required Major Courses:
- BA 353 Operations Management
- BA 354 E-Commerce or BA 361 Advanced MIS
- BA 360 Human Resource Management
- BA 411 Corporate Finance
- BA 432 Strategic Management
- BA 462 International Business and Management
A Management major must also complete a minimum of 21 hours of electives from any NNMC department with at least 6 hours taken at the upper division level (300 level or higher).
To graduate with the degree of BBA the student must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of all admission requirements with a grade of “C” or better and an overall GPA of 2.5 and admission into the BBA program.
- Completion of all required coursework in one of the BBA majors with a grade of “C” or better and an overall GPA of 2.5
- Completion of at least 30 credit hours from the NNMU Business Department, 24 hours of which must be from upper division courses, including BA 490 (Capstone).
- Completion of 129 credit hours.
Program taught in: