Why study ISLAMIC BANKING AND FINANCE
UNIRAZAK recognizes the rising importance of Islamic Banking and Finance, which is projected to grow tremendously and become a major force in global economics. With this in mind, our academic programme is jointly developed by expertise within academia and the financial industry. UNIRAZAK collaborates with the International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF), a prominent institution endorsed by Bank Negara.
Graduates who fulfill the requirements set by INCEIF will be granted exemptions from Part 1 of the Chartered Islamic Finance Professional (CIFP).
- to develop Financial Executives who are knowledgeable and competent in practicing Islamic principles in their field of work;
- to develop Financial Executives who are able to comprehend the mechanisms in implementing Islamic disciplines in the current scenario, in the areas of banking and finance;
- to develop Financial Executives who are competitive and are continuously acquiring knowledge through lifelong learning;
- to produce Financial Executives who are capable of delivering information about Islamic banking and finance to a society with diversified cultures and customs in ways that will ease the understanding of the subject;
- to produce Financial Executives who are professional and ethical in carrying out their duties, and who fulfill their responsibilities to the Creator, the country, and its nation; and
- to produce Financial Executives who think critically about their assessments and actions to enable them to overcome current issues pertaining to Islamic banking and finance.
Upon successful completion of the programme, graduates will also be:
- granted partial exemptions of Part 1 of Chartered Islamic Finance Professional (CIFP) by the International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF), a university set up by Bank Negara Malaysia to produce professionals for the global Islamic financial services industry.
- Pass STPM/A-Level with 2 principals or minimum CGPA of 2.00; or
- Pass Matriculation, Foundation or Pre-university; or
- Pass Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with 5Bs including English; or
- Possess Diploma which is recognized by MQA/Malaysian Government; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by MQA/Malaysian Government.
4-Year Programme (Including Foundation in Business and Management)
- Pass SPM/SPMV/O-Level with 5 credits including Mathematics or equivalent qualifications.
English Proficiency Requirements
- TOEFL 550 / IELTS Band 4.5 / Pre-U or Secondary Education was undertaken in English medium.
- (Students without TOEFL and IELTS are required to complete and pass an Intensive English Programme offered by the University)
- The validity period for TOEFL and IELTS is two (2) years from the date of the award.
- Malaysian students who enroll in Universiti Tun Abdul Razak Bachelor's programmes must possess a minimum of Band 4 in their Malaysia University English Test (MUET).
- (Students without the minimum of MUET score are required to complete and pass an Intensive English Programme offered by the University).
Note: Additional charges will be imposed for the Intensive English Programme based on students placement level, in addition to the respective programme fees.
Career possibilities include:
Wealth Management Officer/Manager, Regulation and Supervision Officer/Manager, Islamic Structured Products Officer/ Supervision, Takaful Agent/Consultant, Islamic Banking, and Finance Analyst, Islamic Banking and Finance Specialist, and Islamic Banking and Finance Researcher.
Undergraduate Fee Structure for Local Students
Undergraduate Fee Structure for International Students
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2018