Why study INSURANCE
UNIRAZAK's Bachelor of Business Administration (Insurance) (Hons) is an innovative study programme which aims to prepare those who aspire to be professional managers and leaders in the globalized insurance industry. The programme is designed through collaboration with relevant institutions and leading experts in the field. Graduates will be equipped with general business operational knowledge as well as the specialized knowledge of the principles and practices of insurance.
The insurance industry, which is dynamic and ever-changing, offers graduates excellent career opportunities for challenging professional work, innovation, and creative contribution to the advancement of their organizations. A key feature of this programme is the specialized technical courses which are in line with local practices and international standards. The programme is distinctive in its flexibility, offering a range of elective insurance courses which allow students the option to specialize in either general or life insurance.
- To produce professional managers and leaders in the globalized insurance industry.
- To equip students with general business operational knowledge in addition to the specialized knowledge of the principles and practices of insurance.
- The programme is designed so that students not only learn in the lecture room but also gain practical knowledge and experience through projects and assignments in the field with professional insurance experts.
- Pass SPM/SPMV/O-Level with 5 credits including strong credits in Bahasa Melayu, English and Mathematics or equivalent qualifications, AND
- Pass STPM/A-Level with 3 principals; or
- Pass Matriculation, Foundation or Pre-university; or
- Pass Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with 5Bs including English; or
- Possess Diploma which is recognized by MQA/Malaysian Government; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by MQA/Malaysian Government.
4-Year Programme (Including Foundation in Business and Management)
- Pass SPM/SPMV/O-Level with 5 credits including strong credits in Bahasa Melayu, English and Mathematics or equivalent qualifications.
English Proficiency Requirements
- TOEFL 550 / IELTS Band 4.5 / Pre-U or Secondary Education was undertaken in English medium.
- (Students without TOEFL and IELTS are required to complete and pass an Intensive English Programme offered by the University)
- The validity period for TOEFL and IELTS is two (2) years from the date of the award.
- Malaysian students who enroll in Universiti Tun Abdul Razak Bachelor's programmes must possess a minimum of Band 4 in their Malaysia University English Test (MUET).
- (Students without the minimum of MUET score are required to complete and pass an Intensive English Programme offered by the University).
Note: Additional charges will be imposed for the Intensive English Programme based on students placement level, in addition to the respective programme fees.
Graduates can become professional managers and leaders in the globalized insurance industry. They can work as a risk management specialist, reinsurance and loss adjusting specialist, underwriters, insurance consultant, claims expert, or insurance broker, amongst others.
Undergraduate Fee Structure for Local Students
Undergraduate Fee Structure for International Students
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2018