The Bachelor of Business Administration is a four-year degree program in which students will be prepared with an academic background, in addition to practical experiences necessary to survive in today’s challenging business environment. The general education and lower division courses provide a strong academic foundation that includes humanities, arts, science and business courses, so that the student has the propensity to succeed in the more challenging and focused upper division courses. SSU’s upper division courses are designed with the business needs of today and tomorrow in mind, and provide students first with an introduction, and then with more in-depth business principles and practices, along with the skill set required to succeed in today’s business world. The program requires successful completion of 180 quarter units.
Cost & Fees
|180 Quarter Credits x $125/unit||22,500|
|International Student Booking Fee||400|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||100|
|Courier Fee (non-refundable)||85|
Students applying for admission to the undergraduate BBA program are required to satisfy the following admission requirements:
- Complete and submit an Application for Admission
- Submit the non-refundable application fee of $100
- Provide verification of completion of a high school diploma (from a state-recognized school), GED, or Certificate of Equivalency/Proficiency; diplomas from outside the U.S. must be evaluated by an NACES approved organization (http://www.naces.org/members.htm);
- Submit official transcripts from all other universities or institutions previously attended; transcripts from outside the U.S. must be evaluated by an NACES approved organization (http://www.naces.org/members.htm);
- Submit a written, single-spaced essay of at least 500 words detailing educational and work history, goals as they relate to education and work history, and the relationship between these goals and future career aspirations
International BBA Students
In addition to the above items, international students and green card holders applying for admission to the BBA program must submit the following:
- Financial documentation confirming that the student has adequate resources to ensure that s/he can meet all obligations throughout the period of study. An official bank statement not more than three months old reflecting a minimum positive balance must be submitted either in the student’s personal name or the student’s financial sponsor’s name (in which case an Affidavit of Financial Support is also required). The minimum balance required is determined by program choice, selection of payment option, and number of dependents.
- If you cannot provide an official bank statement or letter in English, the University can refer you to a professional language services provider who will accommodate your translation needs. To have the service translate an official bank statement or letter into English, please contact the Admission Representative.
- Copy of passport, including information page, Visa, and I-94 validity page;
- International students must show proof of medical insurance upon arrival in the United States. Failure to produce valid proof of insurance will result in an inability to enroll in classes and maintain immigration status.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) result of 61 or above on the iBT (Internet Based Test), 500 or above on the PBT (Paper Based Test), OR an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) result of 5.0 or above. Test scores more than two years old will not be accepted.
TOEFL/IELTS Exam Exceptions will be granted to students who:
- come from a country that uses English as the primary language in its education system;
- have previously studied in an English-medium, USDE-recognized accredited university level program for at least one academic term and maintained a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA during the time attended;
- have achieved a score of at least 80% on SSU’s English Placement Test (EPT).
About the School
Southern States University (SSU) is becoming a leader in executive business education by providing its students with the skills necessary for managing a small business or advancing into senior managem ... Read More