The programme aims at improving and imparting intermediate knowledge, skills and positive attributes in business administration to candidates so that at the end of the programme, they will be able to carry out managerial functions in business administration duties in their organizations. Further, the program provides an opportunity for graduates who may wish to enroll for further studies to Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or other post-graduate programmes.
The BBA programme is offered in the evenings from 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm. Classes run for two to three weeks every two and a half to three months.
The evening class BBA Programme is offered in the ESAMI member countries in the following venues:- Arusha, Mwanza, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Nairobi, Kenya; Kampala, Uganda; Lusaka, Zambia; Lilongwe and Blantyre, Malawi; Harare, Zimbabwe; Windhoek and Oshakati, Namibia; Mbabane, Swaziland; Maputo, Mozambique; Mahe, Seychelles.
The total fee for the programme for the 3-year degree programme is US$5,500.00. Advance payment is made annually or per semester by arrangement. The fee covers tuition and limited materials. It does not include textbooks among other exclusions.
An applicant for the Bachelor Programmes must have the following qualifications:
- At least A' Level or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
- Ability to speak and write English clearly
- Possession of an ordinary diploma from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
The Candidate must submit a dully-filled application form with the following attachments:
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcript (statement of Results)
- Current curriculum Vitae
- A letter of recommendation from a current employer or sponsor or a person who is in a position to judge the candidate’s ability
- A non-refundable processing fee of US $20
All documents accompanying the application must be in English
Modules for Year 1 & 2
- ITU07105 ICT Principles and Techniques
- BMU07412 Business Mathematics and Statistics
- EMU07313 Environmental Studies
- RMU07419 Research Methods
- MPU07101 Management Principles
- BCU07104 Principles of Business Communication
- HRU07102 Principles of Human Resource Management
- FMU07103 Principles of Financial Accounting
- ETU07206 Entrepreneurship
- MKU07207 Principles of Marketing
- FMU07208 Fundamentals of Financial Management
- BLU07209 Business Law
- ECU07210 Principles of Economics
- MKU07311 Customer Care and Public Relations
- PSU07314 Procurement and Supply
- FMU07315 Principles of Management Accounting
- OBU07416 Organizational Behavior
- FMU07417 Budgeting and Budgetary Control
- CGUE07418 Ethics and Governance
- FTU07420 Field Practical Training
Modules for Year 3
- HRU08102 Human Resource Management
- HRU08205 Strategic Human Resource Management
- MKU08101 Market Forecasting and Analysis
- MKU08104 Customer Needs Assessment
- FMU08103 Financial Management
- PSU08206 Procurement Management
- CGU08207 Corporate Governance
- FMGU08208 Principles of Taxation
- RMU08209 Research Methods for Business
- FTU08210 Project Work
About the School
The Eastern and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI) is an intergovernmental regional management development centre. ESAMI's head office is located in Arusha, Tanzania.