The aim of the BBA in Sustainable Tourism and Nature Conservation program is to offer a theoretical and practical degree that integrates ecotourism, nature conservation with economic and social factors.
You will be exposed to real business operations through regular interaction with the business community and international organizations providing a framework to understand responsible tourism and governance of protected areas.
You will develop leadership and intercultural skills and be exposed to practical experience during experiential camps, field trips and visits to international organizations under the careful guidance of experts.
The teaching methodology is predominately interactive based on role-play activities and in-class discussions of cases and videos. You will work on business projects with leading executives in organizations and will be invited to company presentations and conferences. Online resources and electronic communication platforms are utilized to enable paperless classes.
Content: 33 modules including Experiential Camps and Business Simulations.
9 specialized modules and projects in collaboration with executives.
As an undergraduate student, you will be exposed to real business operations through regular interaction with the business community and corporate world.
SUMAS students are constantly involved in projects in collaboration with companies such as Procter & Gamble and Barilla in order to develop a practical approach to integrate sustainability into business.
Starting Dates: January and September.
During their studies, students work with experts in nature conservation to undertake an empirical work. Experiential camps in holiday resorts in the mountains or at the seaside will be helpful to raise awareness of sustainable living and to learn practical solutions to environmental challenges.
For example, students can develop practical projects in the field of sustainability and conservation in the following countries Bhutan, Iceland, and Costa Rica.
This program will prepare you for a wide range of careers which require the ability to analyze complex business operations and to reach sustainable solutions. Graduates can expect to be employed in multinational corporations, international organizations, small, medium-sized enterprises. Graduates may also become entrepreneurs and be involved in green jobs. SUMAS students may also apply learning to their own family businesses.
Graduates have the opportunity to attend an optional 4th year for professional development and the opportunity to have an internship.
Requirements for the Bachelor's Program:
- Signed application form & 2 passport photos
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID
- Official certified high school transcripts and diplomas with a certified translation if not originally in English
- Official certified university transcript (if applying for transfer of credits)
- CV / Resumé indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order
- Motivational Letter indicating why the student chooses Switzerland, why Sustainability Management School, what the student plans to study, how long it will take, what degree(s) the student intends to achieve, and the student’s plans to leave Switzerland after completing his/her studies (mandatory for students in need of a visa or a permit)
- If you are not a native English speaker, or if you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school: TOEFL (minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or IELTS (minimum score of 6.0), or other Standardized English Placement Exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to the Sustainability Management School automatically, please enter SUMAS's TOEFL® Institutional Code number - 4629 when you take the test
- Application fee of 200 CHF for EU Students / 500 CHF for non-European students
- Year 1: 39,000 CHF
- Year 2: 39,000 CHF
- Year 3: 39,000 CHF
Stand a chance to receive a scholarship by entering our different competitions: http://sumas.ch/scholarships/
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 31, 2018