This program promotes the technical competition and the development of skills to carry out investigations of the market, to prepare plans of trade, projections of sale, and campaigns of promotion. The graduate will be able to work in publicity agencies, public relations companies, markets investigation companies and in sales departments in diverse companies.
- To provide a course of study consistent with the needs of the industry.
- To provide the knowledge of marketing theories.
- To provide the understanding of the processes in marketing.
- To stimulate a positive attitude toward education and strengthening the concept of education as an on-going process.
- To promote participation in community affairs.
- To develop students good interpersonal and communication skills.
- To provide workshops in management techniques, marketing, accounting, and computers.
- General Education Courses
- Core/Professional Courses
- Marketing Concentration Courses
- Marketing Major Courses
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree Requirements
General Education Courses (54 Credits)
- SCIE 111-O Integrated Science I 3
- SCIE 112-O Integrated Science II 3
- ENGL 115-O English Reading and Writing I 4
- ENGL 116-O English Reading and Writing II 4
- ENGL 331-O Public Speaking 4
- QYLE 110-O Attitude Development and University Adaptation 3 (Must be taken in the 1stterm of enrollment)
- SPAN 115-O Reading Writing, and the Oral Communication in Spanish I 4
- SPAN 116-O Reading Writing, and the Oral Communication in Spanish II 4
- SPAN 255-O Spanish for Writing and Research 4
- COMP 110-O Computer and Software 3
- MATH 111-O Intermediate AlgebraI 3
- MATH 112-O Intermediate Algebra II 3
- SOSC 111-O Individual, Community, Government, and Social Responsibility I 3
- PSYC 123-O General Psychology (Compendium) 3
- HUMA 101-O World Cultures I 3
- HUMA 102-O World Cultures II 3
Core/Professional Courses (42 Credits)
- ACCO 111-O Introduction to Accounting I 3
- ACCO 112-O Introduction to Accounting II 3
- ECON 121-O Introduction to Economics: Microeconomics 3
- ECON 122-O Introduction to Economics: Macroeconomics 3
- STAT 201-O Administration Statistics I 3
- STAT 202-O Administration Statistics II 3
- ENTR 360-O Entrepreneurship 3
- FINA 202-O Business Finance 3
- MANA 204-O Business Law and Professional Ethics 3
- MANA 210-O Business Administration Theory 3
- MANA 230-O Organizational Behavior 3
- MARK 133-O Marketing Principles 3
- MANA 340-O Operations Management 3
- INBU 350-O International Business 3
Marketing Major Courses (18 Credits)
- MARK 206-O Consumer Behavior 3
- MARK 301-O Marketing Management 3
- MARK 318-O Sales Management 3
- MARK 320-O Market Research 3
- MARK 450-O Internship 3
- MARK 455-O Marketing Project 3
Marketing Major Courses (The students must complete 9 Major credits before initiating the Major courses in one of the following two areas):
Sales Credits (9 Credits)
- MARK 306-O Sales 3
- MARK 415-O Sales Projections 3
- MARK 406-O Direct Marketing 3
International Marketing (9 Credits)
- MARK 350-O Distribution Channels 3
- MARK 410-O International Marketing 3
- MARK 404-O Negotiations 3
Total Number of Credits 123
Language skills in English and in Spanish will be assessed with a placement test. Additional language courses may be needed according to the student’s proficiency in each language. If students qualify for Preparatory Language Courses or developmental Language Courses, they must enroll in the courses immediately to increase academic performance in the language. QYLE 110-O must be taken within the first term of enrollment.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 1, 2018