The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree in Marketing is designed to provide a broad fundamental knowledge of the nature, structure, institutions, and functions of marketing. Students will graduate with the general principles of sales and marketing. In addition, the student will be able to analyze information critical to marketing and business decisions in manufacturing, distribution (including retailing), services or not-for-profit industry sectors. The B.B.A. in Marketing will prepare you to be a marketing analyst or manager.
Careers for B.B.A. in Marketing Majors
The skills you develop here will launch you into a wide range of career opportunities, including:
- Public Relations
- Marketing Manager
- Event Planner
- Brand/Product Manager
- Advertising Specialist
- Market Research
- International Marketing
- The minimum total credits required for BBA degree in Marketing are 120.
- Students must complete MATH 1314 and MATH 1325 or MATH 2412 and 2413.
- All required and elective courses must be completed with a grade of “C-“ or better.
B.B.A in Marketing Requirements
- Students must complete 18 semester credit hours of lower-level business courses.
- Students are required to complete 27 semester credit hours of upper-level business courses.
- Marketing majors must also complete the following courses: MRKT 3307, MRKT 3315, MRKT 4312, and MRKT 4314.
The Foundation for Your Future
We’ve designed a core curriculum that every undergraduate student at UT Permian Basin must complete. Our goal is to deliver broad knowledge and a strong foundation for your academic success.
After completing the core curriculum, you will have developed a diverse set of skills that will serve you at UTPB and beyond. These include:
- Become more creative, innovative, and curious. You’ll be able to analyze, evaluate, and synthesize new knowledge.
- Write effectively, speak eloquently, and express yourself clearly.
Empirical & Quantitative
- Understand and manipulate numerical data to develop informed decisions.
- Learn how to better consider other points of view and work with others to do something great.
- Make ethical decisions by connecting choices, actions, and consequences.
- Engage with your local, regional, and global communities.
How to Apply to UT Permian Basin
You should apply to UT Permian Basin as a freshman if:
- You are a U.S. citizen (or permanent resident) and have no previous college attendance
- You have attended college previously but have earned fewer than 23 semester hours of credit
Requirements for Freshmen
In addition to graduating with the recommended academic programs, applicants can also be automatically admitted to UT Permian Basin by meeting the required entrance exam and class rank criteria listed here:
Entrance Exam Requirement
|HS Graduation Class Rank||SAT||ACT|
|Top 25%||No Minimum Score||No Minimum Score|
If you don’t meet these requirements, you may still be admitted to UT Permian Basin. Every freshman class includes students who are admitted after a professional, individual review of their documents and application. Take a look at the high-school coursework for students who don’t meet the requirements listed above.
- Students should submit exam scores to qualify for scholarships. No minimum test score is required, but students must submit them to be considered.
- SAT scores taken prior to March 2016 comprise Verbal/Critical Reading and Math.
- SAT scores taken since March 2016 comprise Evidence-based Reading & Writing and Math.
- If you are a Texas student who has completed any of the following meet UTPB’s high-school unit requirements unconditionally:
- Distinguished High School Graduation Plan
- Distinguished Level of Achievement in the Texas Foundation School Program
- Hold the International Baccalaureate Diploma (or equivalent college preparatory program)
- Completed online application (via ApplyTexas.org)
- Non-refundable application fee of $40
- Official high school transcript showing grade average, class rank (or approximate), and expected date of graduation
- SAT and/or ACT scores
If you’re taking dual credit/early college course work, have an official transcript sent to UT Permian Basin.
Applying as an International Student
Review Changes Due to COVID-19:
In order to prevent delays in processing applications, UT Permian Basin is temporarily modifying the International Admission Process by moving to the evaluation of unofficial transcripts from each school attended or currently attending until further notice. Please email your unofficial documents to Admissons@utpb.edu.
TOEFL or IELTS waiver – we will accept the Duolingo exam in place of TOEFL or IELTS. You will need a minimum score of 100 on the Duolingo exam - https://englishtest.duolingo.com/.
An international student is defined as "a student who is, or will be, in the United States on a non-immigrant student visa." This specifically refers to the Student (F) and Exchange Visitor (J) Visas. International student admission requirements apply but are not limited to international students on F or J visas.
If you are a U.S Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (green card holder), or an undocumented migrant worker, please complete the U.S. Freshman, U.S. Transfer, or U.S. Graduate Application.
International Admissions Requirements:
- International Application: International Applicants should apply for admission using the ApplyTexas Application (electronic) at least six months before the anticipated enrollment date and should arrange to have test scores and academic records in the Office of Admission no later than 60 days before the enrollment date. Verification of credentials may also be required. U. T. Permian Basin will issue immigration papers (I-20 or DS2019) for student visas after all admission credentials have been received and approved for admission. For more information contact the International Student Adviser at (432) 552-2605. All international students are considered nonresident students for tuition and other purposes.
- Application Fee: Submit a Non-refundable Application Fee of $40.00
About the School
As a regional, comprehensive institution, The University of Texas Permian Basin serves a diverse community of students from the region, the state, and beyond. Through excellence in student-centered te ... Read More