Banking is an industry famous for offering a wide range of opportunities, great working conditions and a commitment to ongoing training and learning. Through this course, students are exposed to the issue of information asymmetry that exists between the borrower and the lender and the need to design contracts that reveal and monitor the quality of the borrower. The units also consider the nature and legal implications of the banker-customer relationship. The high debt that financial institutions have in their capital structure, the interest sensitivity of their assets and the liquidity that depositors demand result in unique interest, credit and liquidity risk management issues.
Banks and financial institutions work based on having debt built into their structure – and you’ll learn to understand the interest, credit and liquidity risk management issues that this can create. You’ll examine how the global banking system works and how it affects the local business environment, as well as international trade.
AED 172,200 (VAT Inclusive)
3 Years with the option to fast-track (6 Trimesters)
Bachelor of Business
7 Reasons to Study Banking
- Work with international organizations on real projects as part of our work-integrated learning program
- Build your network of contacts by becoming a member of professional bodies and associations through our industry connections.
- Learn from experts in banking and finance as they share their experience and insights from a range of perspectives.
- Gain the practical skills needed to identify business opportunities, analyze problems and implement solutions.
- Study two majors in three years and graduate with two specializations, further enhancing your career prospects.
- Earn average annual salaries of AED 90,000 when you graduate*.
Your future career
Studying a Bachelor of Business in Banking means you will graduate with a degree that is globally recognized. This degree opens doors internationally.
Careers could include:
- Bank workers
- Financial Investment Advisers and Managers
- Financial Brokers
- Credit and Loan Officers
- Insurance, money market, and statistical clerks.
You could work in banks, brokerage firms, consultancy or professional services firms, insurance companies, investment banks, superannuation firms, universities or institutions, state and federal government agencies, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), not-for-profit organizations, major international brands or in other areas.
Year 1 (2 Trimesters)
All first-year students are required to take a Transition unit and a Career Learning Spine unit in Year 1. This is designed to provide you with academic skills and skills on how to manage your career.
- Academic Skills for Business – 3 points
Murdoch Spine: Career Learning
- Career Learning: Managing Your Career – 3 points
- Foundational Mathematics for Business – 3 points
- Foundations of Management and Governance – 3 points
- Foundations of Economics – 3 points
- Foundations of Accounting – 3 points
General electives allow you to broaden your knowledge by studying subjects of interest from other disciplines. You may select general electives from any degree program offered by Murdoch University’s Dubai campus, subject to pre-requisite requirements. You must complete two general electives (100 level units) to complete your first-year studies.
Year 2 and 3 (4 Trimesters)
Research Skills and Career Learning Spine Units
These units have been designed to provide you with the skills and understanding to analyze the world around you and make a difference in your own life and that of others. We have picked relevant and challenging subjects that benefit from an inter-disciplinary approach and allow you to understand how others think and solve problems.
- Understanding Business Research: An Introductory Approach - 3 points
- Applying Mixed Methods Research to Business - 3 points OR Empirical Research Methods for Business - 3 points
There are six core units that must be taken in years two and three.
- Finance Law – 3 points
- Corporate Finance – 3 points
- Treasury Management – 3 points
- Commercial Banking – 3 points
- International Financial Markets and Institutions - 3 points
- Credit and Lending Decisions - 3 points
In addition to the research and core units for years two and three, two more career learning spine units also need to be completed.
- Building Enterprise Skills – 3 points
- Real-World Learning – 3 points
To complete your year two and three studies you must complete six 200 to 300 level units offered by Murdoch University’s Dubai campus, subject to individual unit prerequisites.
Recommended Double Majors
- Human Resource Management
To take a double major, students simply take the core units from another major in place of their general electives units. In most cases, a double major can be completed without additional time or cost. Please speak to our admissions counselors for more information on double major possibilities.
About the School
Murdoch University Dubai is a core branch of Murdoch University, which is based in Perth, Western Australia. Our vibrant campus in Dubai caters to the area's growing demand for skilled professionals a ... Read More