University of Canberra has an array of Scholarships Available for International Students.
Take your career to new heights
If you’re keen to become an accomplished professional in the building industry, the Bachelor of Building and Construction Management can equip you with the necessary skills to become a confident leader. Learn management and supervision techniques while developing detailed knowledge of building processes and materials. This expertise, together with real-world negotiation, presentation and communication skills, will prepare you for a successful career in building management.
In your final year you can choose either honours or professional focus path:
- Honours: If you’re a high performing student (with a minimum grade point average for 5.0), you can choose to undertake an honours project instead of electives in the final two semesters of the course. You must have your course convener’s approval for entry into this stream. This aspect of your degree will see you develop advanced knowledge and skills for professional work, critical thinking and further learning corresponding to AQF Level 8 qualifications.
- Professional: If you select the professional stream, you can choose to complete a minor in areas including quantity surveying, architecture or small business management. This stream will provide you with the broad and coherent knowledge and skills for professional work corresponding to AQF Level 7.
Study a Bachelor of Building and Construction Management at UC and you will:
- apply the theoretical knowledge of current construction practices, building and construction economics, and legal frameworks necessary to be a manager within the building and construction industry
- recognise the use of appropriate building and construction technologies and processes to solve both simple and complex industry issues
- communicate as a professional to all stakeholders in the building and construction industry
- work independently or as part of a project team for the successful completion of industry projects
- demonstrate ethical, social and environmental responsibility in addressing real-world industry issues with sensitivity to Indigenous rights in the construction industry
- apply creative, innovative and critical thinking, with a commitment to lifelong learning, to solve problems and generate solutions to complex construction issues.
Work Integrated Learning
Work Integrated Learning is a core element of the Bachelor of Building and Construction Management, with students addressing solutions for real industry projects and tenders, across the ACT and interstate, in their coursework. The degree has ongoing connections with the industry, including interaction with industry bodies, such as the Master Builders Association of the ACT, and regular guest speakers and lecturers from within building and construction. In your first year, you’ll complete your professional certificates for site-readiness included in introductory units. In fact, our students are so in-demand that most already have employment during the second year of their studies.
Throughout your degree, you’ll complete up to 40 days of work placement. Our students have undertaken internships with companies such as Manteena, G E Shaw, Hindmarsh, Geocon, SHAPE, Xact and a number of quantity surveying firms, as well as paid cadetships with organisations like Brookfield Multiplex working on the new University of Canberra Public Hospital in association with ACT Health.
- Construction manager
- Project Estimator
- Construction project manager
- Site manager
This degree is accredited by the Australian Institute of Building (AIB) and meets the qualification requirements to obtain a Class 'A' (Unlimited) Builder Licence in the ACT. An Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AIQS) accreditation requires you to complete certain University of Canberra subjects.
Normal UC admission requirements to an undergraduate course.
English Language Requirements
Academic IELTS of 6.0 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0
About the School
The University of Canberra is a vibrant government university where your future is what matters most. We are recognised internationally, ranked in the top 100 young universities in the world and have ... Read More