Professional Recognition: Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)
Intake: January / April/ June / September/ December
Duration: 3 Years
Fees: RM 31,845
- Foundation in Science Program from UNISEL/ Matriculation Certificate in Science from Ministry of Education/Private Institution with at least CGPA 2.00; or
- Diploma in Biotechnology/Science from UNISEL/ Matriculation Certificate in Science with at least CGPA 2.00; or
- STPM/A-level or equivalent with at least 2 principals inclusive of Science subject (Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Science)
This program will provide students with:
- fundamental knowledge, principles and skills in biotechnology.
- strong analytical and critical thinking skills to solve problems by applying knowledge, principles in biotechnology.
- ability to acquire and apply the basic knowledge and skill in science and biotechnology.
- Skills and understanding of biotechnology processes willbe developed through a planned series of practical skill basedactivities.
- Students will be exposed to a hands-on activity via, labwork, assignment and thesis that are designed to allow thedevelopment of hands-on skills and develop creativity in designingand planning.
- Students will also expose to theneeded soft skills in real-life situations as individuals involved withthe biotechnology industry. This set of skills acquired throughlearning courses, assignments, thesis that emphasize soft skillssuch as the communication and presentation skills, critical thinking and scientific problem solving (pre-planning, production and organization), leaderships skills and entrepreneurships.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this programme, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of plantbiotechnology, microbial biotechnology, animalbiotechnology, marine biotechnology, industrial biotechnology and biointrepreneurship.
- Analyze, synthesize and apply knowledge andinformation in various area of biotechnology.
- Apply theoretical knowledge and practical skills inrelevant areas of biotechnology.
- Posses good interpersonal skills and communicateeffectively.
- Make decision and work independently.
- Manage basic biosafety and biohazard facilities.
- Function effectively as an individual, leader andteamwork.
- Pursue life- long learning to meet global challenges.
- Be professional and ethical in their profession.
- Research Officer
- Science Officer
- Lab Manager
- Product Specialist
- Laboratory Executive
- Tissue Culturist
- Environmental / Safety Specialist
- Quality Controller
- Research Associate
- Public Sector: Basic starting monthly salary is around RM1,650; plus allowances (such as housing and services) the total can amount to around RM2,300.
- Private Sector: The amount of basic starting monthly salary can vary from the above amount. However, the total amount of monthly salary earned (inclusive of allowances) is subject to negotiation and which can be higher than that earned in the public sector.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 27, 2017