This degree seeks to:
- Provide a solid biblical and theological foundation for the practice of biblical counseling;
- Develop the personal life of the student;
- Provide basic knowledge and skills necessary for effective Christian counseling;
- Integrate basic psychological theories with Scripture; and
- This is a pre-professional program which seeks to prepare, equip and empower students for Christian counseling in the local church, or for graduate studies in counseling or Divinity.
In addition to achieving success with the Undergraduate Core Curriculum Requirements Learning outcomes, upon completing this degree, students will be able to:
- Apply a solid knowledge of Scripture with proper hermeneutical skills;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature and theology of biblical counseling;
- Identify the qualifying factors in a calling toward biblical counseling;
- Explain how to equip the local church ministry in biblical counseling;
- Describe the various styles of biblical counseling and their distinctiveness; and
- Integrate a personal theology of psycho-spiritual growth.
Program taught in:
See 5 more programs offered by The King's University »
This course is