Description and Program Outline
The study duration is 4 years.
The program aims to prepare professionals/managers in the field of sustainable tourism management, who will be able to:
- Know the theoretical and methodological system of sustainable tourism;
- Design principles and strategical programs for sustainable tourism development;
- Organize tourism activities;
- Apply theoretical knowledge, practical abilities and skills in line with current trends and requirements of the tourism industry;
- Manage tourism in all its dimensions on the base of principles of sustainable tourism;
- Think critically, creatively and innovatively
- Support global sustainability.
According to the program aims the students will have the following learning outcomes;
- To analyze and to evaluate the place and role of tourism in the structure and development of the society;
- To know the principles of a service organization in tourism activities;
- To identify the structural peculiarities of tourism in the field of service from the point of view of sustainable tourism;
- To design organizational programs for the tourism industry;
- To carry out research in the field of tourism from the point of view of sustainability;
- To evaluate the tourism industry, infrastructure and resources;
- To design and implement sustainable tourism programs;
- To develop strategic directions for sustainable tourism development and improvement;
- To manage sustainable tourism projects;
- To have a systemized understanding of interdisciplinary patterns of sustainable tourism (economics, geography and environmental science, sociology, etc.)
- To establish and manage a touristic business in accordance with the principles of sustainable tourism.
Tim Gouw / Pexels
Program Curriculum Overview
Course units for year 1, semester 1
- Armenian Language -1
- Foreign Language -1
- History of Armenia in the Scope of World History
- Basics of ITC
- Physical Education
- Basics of Tourism
- Basics of Human Geography
Course units for year 1, semester 2:
- Armenian Language -2
- Foreign Language - 2
- Physical Education
- Basics of Service
- Geography of Tourism
- Research Methodology in Tourism
- Hospitality Services
- Practice - 1
Course units for year 2, semester 1:
- Foreign Language- 3
- Art in Tourism
- Basics of Philosophy
- Basics of Sustainable Development
- Culture of Service and Business Communication
- Recreational Geography
- Coursework – 1
Course units for year 2, semester 2:
- Contemporary Concepts of Natural Sciences
- Basics of Sociology
- Geography of Population in the Scope of Demography
- Geography of Armenia
- International Tourism Management
- Basics of Sustainable Tourism
- Practice - 2
Course units for year 3, semester 1:
- Psychology of Service
- Management of Tourism and Related Services
- Tourism Marketing
- Project Management for Sustainable Tourism
- Event Management
- Coursework – 2
Course units for year 3, semester 2:
- ITC in Tourism and Related Services
- Entrepreneurship in Tourism
- Tourism Destination Management
- Tourism Risks Management
- PR and Advertisement Technologies in Tourism
- Practice - 3
Course units for year 4, semester 1:
- Innovation in Tourism
- Business Planning in Tourism
- Tourism Legislation
Course units for year 4, semester 2:
- Professional Internship
- BA thesis
Applicants must have enough knowledge of English, high school diploma.
Application Process and Necessary Documents
The application process is carried out in accordance with the admission rules of the Yerevan State University's Bachelor’s and Master's degree programs.
Foreign citizens applying for admission at Yerevan State University (YSU) should provide:
- Application form http://edu.am/index.php/en/documents/index/153
- An admission statement http://edu.am/index.php/en/documents/index/153
- A CV in English, Armenian or Russian
- 2 certified copies of passport (confirmed by Armenian Embassy or Armenian consulate representative. Citizens from CIS countries can provide only notarized translations). The first copy is for Yerevan State University, the second copy is necessary for a student residence permit.
- Copy of previous academic certificates (diplomas) and transcripts (confirmed by Armenian Embassy or Armenian consulate representative. Citizens from CIS countries can provide only notarized translations).
- Notarized and verified copy of a birth certificate, translated into Armenian.
- 2 original copies of general health certificate (this certificate can be provided by any Armenian medical institution). The first copy is for Yerevan State University, the second copy is necessary for a student residence permit.
- 8 photos (3/4)
For BA and MA students, the period for passing documents is from the 1st of June to the 15th of August. The lessons begin on the 1st of September.
1.300.000 AMD (about 2730 USD according to the current exchange rate of Central Bank of Armenia) per academic year.
Information about obtaining Armenian visa is provided at the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia ( https://www.mfa.am/en/visa/ ). Upon arrival to Armenia necessary information and assistance for a residence permit will be provided by the Foreign Students’ Department of Yerevan State University.
About the School
Yerevan State University provides high-quality education to ensure the competitiveness of its graduates in the local, as well as the global labour market. To deal with contemporary challenges and to e ... Read More