The physical aspect of creation.
Before your launch into the workforce, you will gain an in-depth knowledge of contemporary plastic arts. Contemporary and classical studies, the analyses of aesthetic principles, the quest for a perfect balance between form and substance: these are the mainstays of the course and the first step towards a future as a sculptor.
As the art of making solid objects, Sculpture comes from fusing plasticity with technique: an art that springs from space and is the tangible expression of the sculptor’s vision of the world. Contemporary and classical studies, analyses of aesthetic canons, research into the fine balance between form and substance: these are the technical and theoretical pillars of the RUFA course, which gives students their first step towards a future as a contemporary artist. Graduates in the Sculpture program at Rufa enter the professional world equipped with thorough knowledge of the plastic arts, performances, and installations, and can also play an indispensable role in the creation of exhibition spaces or upgrading public places as part of the discipline of urban design. Working with traditional as well as new materials and improving the quality of spaces are natural operating environments for RUFA Sculpture graduates, whose education also suits them for interesting work opportunities in the more conceptualizing areas of the profession such as curating exhibitions and art catalogs. The disciplinary fields studied at RUFA are based on an all-round education that consists of figurative and plastic elements, within a study plan that also includes art history, graphic design, drawing, photography, and audiovisual techniques, all producing a complete and highly specialized professional expert.
Academy Degrees are equivalent to Bachelor’s university degrees.
*The course is available in English or Italian language.
Coordinator: Emiliano Coletta
Tutor: Maria Pina Bentivenga
Lecturers: Maria Pina Bentivenga, Gianna Bentivenga, Simone Cametti, Alessandro Carpentieri, Emiliano Coletta, Alessio Cremisini, Bruno D'Annunzio, Fabrizio Dell'Arno, Genny Di Bert, Davide Dormino, Elena Fiorellino, Federico Landini, Nicolas Martino, Rosalia Palazzolo, Fabrizio Pizzuto, Christian Rizzo, Raffaele Simongini.
Suggested training program - Visual Arts Department
|I Year||Sculpture 1||12||150|
|Art History: Artistic Styles & Context 1||6||45|
|Artistic Anatomy 1||6||75|
|Drawing for Sculpture||6||75|
|Phenomenology of Contemporary Arts||6||45|
|Special Graphic Techniques||6||75|
|Basics of Computer Science||4||50|
|II Year||Sculpture 2||12||150|
|Art History: Artistic Styles & Context 1||6||45|
|Artistic Anatomy 2||6||75|
|Engraving Techniques - Graphic Arts 1||6||75|
|Molding, Technology and Types Materials||6||75|
|Aesthetics of Visual Arts||6||45|
|III Year||Sculpture 3||12||150|
|Art History: Artistic Styles & Context 3||6||45|
|Engraving Techniques - Graphic Arts 2||6||75|
|3D Digital Modelling Techniques||6||75|
|Phenomenology of the Image||6||45|
Admission to Bachelor of Arts programs
Joining the RUFA community is not difficult, but it requires commitment and determination. To be admitted to the Bachelor of Arts programs you will need to pass an admission test, that will enable us to assess your motivation and aptitude to study at RUFA. Admission tests vary according to the chosen course, cycle, and if the student is transferring from another University.
To enroll in a Bachelor of Arts Degree program you will need to submit:
- a leaving certificate confirming that you have attended 12 years of schooling. recognized through a “Declaration of Value in Loco (DV)” and legalization of the qualification (to be requested at the Italian Embassy / Consulate of your Country);
- a certificate stating that you have passed the proof of academic suitability exam, if required to be admitted to Universities in your Country (Selectividad, YKS, etc.);
- a certificate stating that you have an adequate level of Italian or English (depending on if you wish to attend a BA in Italian or English), achieved over the last 10 years. If you have achieved your qualification in an English/Italian speaking Country, or if the program you attend was in English/Italian you may not be required to submit a language certification.
- for non-EU students: study visa required to attend the Academic programs. Students must send a copy of their residence permit/residence permit request to the International students' office 8 days after arriving in Italy.
Deadlines regarding admission
Deadline to apply for the test
- First session: 16 January 2020
- Second session: 16 April 2020
- Third session: 4 June 2020
- Fourth session: 10 September 2020
- Fifth session: 1 October 2020
- First session: 20-24 January 2020
- Second session: 18 April 2020
- Third session: 8-12 June 2020
- Fourth session: 14-15 September 2020
- Fifth session: 5-6 October 2020
Direct enrollment deadline
- 1 October 2020
About the School
RUFA, Rome University of Fine Arts, is a multidisciplinary, international educational center – legally recognized by the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) – offering authoritative, ... Read More