The Department of psychology & Counseling offers a BA in Psychology which provides students with the knowledge base in psychology, trains them on scientific inquiry and critical thinking skills, prepares them to consider the ethical and social responsibility in a diverse world, develops their communication skills, and provide them with adequate professional development so they are able to apply psychological knowledge and skills in a variety of settings. The program does not include tracks, as its focus is general enough to enable students to pursue various possible psychology graduate programs. The program covers the foundation courses in psychology; namely: Introduction to Psychology, Statistics, Research Methods, Developmental, Social, Cognitive, Experimental, Biopsychology, Psychological Measurements, Abnormal, and Clinical Psychology. The program also offers courses that focus on psychological applications in the fields of education, industry, and health.
- To provide students with knowledge of basic concepts, theoretical perspectives, and current and historical trends psychology.
- To train students to apply critical/creative thinking as well as scientific research skills.
- To train students to provide basic psychological services under supervision.
- To prepare students to apply ethical and social responsibilities in their work as well as research.
- To provide students with the necessary skills to communicate effectively with diverse individuals/ groups and situations.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe key concepts, principles, and main themes in psychology.
- Apply scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena.
- Conduct basic psychological research individually and in teams.
- Apply updated ethical standards to evaluate psychological science and practice.
- Demonstrate effective writing and presenting skills for different purposes.
- Analyze psychological information and data using a variety of sources and statistical software.
- Communicate efficiently psychological reports and information to concerned parties.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More