Our Political Science program is designed to develop in students:
- An aptitude for critically reflecting upon and discussing global issues of law, politics, and justice
- The fundamental skills to conduct research and present analysis in the Social Science
- Competency in applying statistical analysis to evaluate research findings; and
- ability to analyze and interpret critical arguments based upon an appeal to evidence.
- Complete all General Education requirements
- Complete all other Claflin requirements
- Complete 48 hours in Political Science courses and departmental core courses with a minimum grade of “C"
Careers and Outcomes
Many disciplines and human activities are connected with politics in one way or the other. Political Science graduates therefore can utilize their skills in a variety of fields, including government, law, and media, or in non-governmental organizations. Our program seeks to develop students’ research, communication, and analytical abilities since these skills, combined with other proficiencies, are useful in a professional career. A bachelor’s degree may help in some positions while others may require further graduate or professional study.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 26, 2018