Political science (SPO) in English is thought both for International students and for Italian ones that want to take a challenging and innovative path for earning their BA degree. It combines a multidisciplinary character with a specific focus on the complex intertwining between Politics and Economics.
The first two years include modules in contemporary history, economics, law, political science, and sociology. At the beginning of the last term of the second year, students move from generalist courses to a track that includes methodological courses such as Philosophy of Science and Polimetrics, classes in the field of Political science and Economics, plus Labs and elective courses.
This is the overall organization of the three-year program.
- Logic and Critical Thinking – 3 ECTS
- Language in Politics – 9 ECTS
- Contemporary History – 9 ECTS
- Mathematics – 6 ECTS
- Public Law – 9 ECTS
- Sociology – 9 ECTS
- History of Political Theories – 6 ECTS
- Political Science – 9 ECTS
- Microeconomics – 9 ECTS
- Introduction to European Private Law – 6 ECTS
- Statistics – 6 ECTS
- Political Philosophy – 6 ECTS
- Macroeconomics – 6 ECTS
- Social Research Methodology – 6 ECTS
- Language assessment: French / German / Spanish – 6 ECTS
- Philosophy of Economics – 9 ECTS
- Polimetrics – 6 ECTS
- Comparative Political Systems – 9 ECTS
- International Economics and Policy – 9 ECTS
- Public Economics – 9 ECTS
- Rationality, Behaviour, and Institutions – 9 ECTS
- Elective courses - 12 ECTS
- Internships & labs – 3 ECTS
- Final essay – 6 ECTS
Students are expected to have a sufficient knowledge of the English language, (B2/C1) and we will test it through a standardized English placement test.
European students have to pass an entry test (either in spring or in the summer before the beginning of the AY), in which we further check for potential gaps in the following areas: general culture, logic and mathematics, and language comprehension.
The programme is organized in three terms, from mid-September to early July, including the exam sessions.
Fees range approximately from 200 to 2700 euros, depending on the family income.
For further information: http://www.spo.unimi.it/en/
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 8, 2018