All courses within the program of Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (SPE) are fully taught and examined in English.
Established in 1997, it is the oldest and the most internationalized BA program in the field of Political Science in Romania taught in English, with about 10-15% of students being foreign nationals from other countries in Europe, US, Asia, and Africa. During the first two years, all students benefit from consolidating English language courses, which allow them to acquire the relevant vocabulary and the linguistic proficiency required by top national and international employers.
Mobility and professionalism
- All professors have studied abroad in prestigious higher education institutions with top programs in the fields of Political Science and international relations in Europe and US;
- Every year, for courses or special lectures the program receives guest professors from the US and other countries in Europe and Asia.
- All students can benefit from at least one semester of European mobility in one of the over 70 universities and programs from Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Spain, Sweden and Turkey with which the faculty has bilateral agreements;
- All students are enrolled for one full academic year in internship activities, which are recognized as part of their curriculum and workload for their degree.
Romanian citizens graduating from the program are entitled to obtain the certificate of a sworn translator from the Romanian Ministry of Justice without passing any further examination.
A program for a building a career
The organizations in which the internship can be implemented or who present their employment opportunities in session tailored specifically for our students are selected from all major sectors relevant for political science careers in an increasingly internationalized environment:
- state institutions such as the Romanian Presidency, the Parliament of Romania, the central administration (the General Secretariat of the Romanian government, the various ministries, and the governmental agencies), and the local administration (mayor’s office, city hall offices);
- political parties;
- representations of various international organizations or governments, such as the United Nations agencies, the EU institutions and foreign embassies in Romania;
- top national and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs);
- media outlets;
- national and transnational companies;
- academic and/or policy research centers.
The activities and pursued during the internship allows students
- to develop their practical skills and test several areas of interest in order find the most appropriate career for them within the large set of possibilities offered by political science;
- to understand what is expected from them within the labor market;
- to have direct access to potential employers;
- to build professional networks relevant for their future careers.
About the School
In general, both within the country and abroad, the University of Bucharest is considered to be the most important educational, research and cultural institution in Romania. During its 150 years of ex ... Read More