Your vision of the world.
You will discover how to express your creativity, learning many techniques and enhancing your curiosity to know and tell the world around you: you will gain an attentive and personal view, which will give you the opportunity to emerge in the contemporary image.
The photographer becomes an artist when he is provided with creativity, knows the technique and adopts a multidisciplinary approach: a professional able to exploit his talent and operate dynamically in the world of image, exploring areas such as reportage, advertising, and fashion photography, photo book, fine art, video, and multimedia.
The overproduction of images has redefined the role of photography and the photographer, who must constantly evolve, acquiring an open and contemporary vision.
RUFA Bachelor of Arts in Photography, also thanks to the third year Masterclass coordinated by Contrasto, a leading agency in the field of art photography, aims to guide the student through a highly professional path that combines the approach to reportage with artistic research. Putting into practice the skills acquired during the three years, students will have the opportunity to develop and express a personal view of the reality that surrounds them.
Led by professional lecturers in the fields of Art, Design, Communication and Media Art, the graduates in RUFA Bachelor of Arts in Photography acquire the ability to give value to an idea, transforming it into a successful project, capable of demonstrating professionalism and artistic personality with the opportunity to emerge on the international scene. Academy Degrees are equivalent to Bachelor's university degrees.
Coordinator: Michele Palazzi
Tutor: Christian Rizzo
Lecturers: Alessandro Carpentieri, Stefano Compagnucci, Bruno D'Annunzio, Antonio Faccilongo, Niccolò Fano, Giorgio Di Noto, Gianfranco Manzo, Nicolas Martino, David Mozzetta, Leone Orfeo, Michele Palazzi, Lorenzo Pesce, Augusto Pieroni, Fiorenza Pinna, Livia Regali, Christian Rizzo, Roberto Scavizzi, Fabio Severo, Raffaele Simongini, Giulia Tornari, Raffaele Vella, Alessandro Vergoz.
Suggested training program - Design Department
|I Year||Photography 1||12||150|
|Digital Image Processing 1||6||75|
|Art History: Artistic Styles & Context 1||6||45|
|History of Photography||6||45|
|Phenomenology of the Image||6||45|
|Film Shooting Techniques||6||75|
|Basics of Computer Design||4||50|
|II Year||Photography 2||12||150|
|Art History: Artistic Styles & Context 2||6||45|
|Digital Image Processing 2||6||75|
|Aesthetics of Visual Arts||6||45|
|History of Cinema & Video 1||6||45|
|III Year||Photography 3||12||150|
|History of Cinema & Video 2||6||45|
|Mass Media Theory & Methods||6||45|
Admission to Bachelor of Arts programs
Joining the RUFA community is not difficult, but it requires commitment and determination. To be admitted to the Bachelor of Arts programs you will need to pass an admission test, that will enable us to assess your motivation and aptitude to study at RUFA. Admission tests vary according to the chosen course, cycle, and if the student is transferring from another University.
To enroll in a Bachelor of Arts Degree program you will need to submit:
- a leaving certificate confirming that you have attended 12 years of schooling. recognized through a “Declaration of Value in Loco (DV)” and legalization of the qualification (to be requested at the Italian Embassy / Consulate of your Country);
- a certificate stating that you have passed the proof of academic suitability exam, if required to be admitted to Universities in your Country (Selectividad, YKS, etc.);
- a certificate stating that you have an adequate level of Italian or English (depending on if you wish to attend a BA in Italian or English), achieved over the last 10 years. If you have achieved your qualification in an English/Italian speaking Country, or if the program you attend was in English/Italian you may not be required to submit a language certification.
- for non-EU students: study visa required to attend the Academic programs. Students must send a copy of their residence permit/residence permit request to the International students' office 8 days after arriving in Italy.
Deadlines regarding admission
Deadline to apply for the test
- First session: 16 January 2020
- Second session: 16 April 2020
- Third session: 4 June 2020
- Fourth session: 10 September 2020
- Fifth session: 1 October 2020
- First session: 20-24 January 2020
- Second session: 18 April 2020
- Third session: 8-12 June 2020
- Fourth session: 14-15 September 2020
- Fifth session: 5-6 October 2020
Direct enrollment deadline
- 1 October 2020
About the School
RUFA, Rome University of Fine Arts, is a multidisciplinary, international educational center – legally recognized by the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) – offering authoritative, ... Read More