Our B.A. is released directly by British universities and boards of the highest levels, Institutional Approval procedures are held during the courses to control the quality of the service we provide.
- Study area: Performance – Technology and production
- Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals, Keyboards/Piano, Horns and woodwinds
- Director of Studies: Valerio Silvestro, Loredana Lubrano
- Attendance: Part Time (a selection of subjects) or Full Time
- Duration: either September - June or January - December
The bachelor is based on the models of the most advanced music schools in the world. Its main goal is to achieve a thorough and all-around preparation of the students, extending from the core techniques on the instruments to the study of musical theory and harmony, ear training, complementary piano, sight reading, critical listening, live music performance, interplay and so on. Our teaching and learning method is base upon a revolutionary use of the body as the main instrument in the music performance (Music Aptitude Development system). Our focus is to practice music making and live performance, having the chance to do so with some of the most proficient musicians and music teachers in Italy.
The Bachelor of Arts courses in Music Performance is split into three separate years of study (September-June or January-December). Every year is divided into two phases at the ending of which the students will have to attend a test for every subject he enrolled (both performative and no performative subjects).
The courses are held weekly over about 12 hours (varying depending on stages and internships) of performative lessons over 2-3 days, while the non-performative subjects will be done in e-learning. Apart from the normal class hours, the students will be able to participate in stages and internships.
During the year Jam Academy organizes masterclasses and clinics with teachers and professionals renowned all over Italy and the world: Katie Leone, Fred Wesley, Cristian Meyer, Alain Caron, Andrea Braido, Mike Stern, Scott Henderson, Claudio Fabi, Mara Maionchi, Marcus Miller, Rita Ciccarelli, Neco Novellas, Danny Bronzini, Rashmi Bhatt, etc.
- Early enrollment discount from April to July
- Regular enrollment in September and January
- Scholarships and grants every April
I anno: Edexcel Units
- Music Performance Studies
- Harmony and Composition
- Aural Perception
- Music Notation
- Music Technology
- Music in Context
- Critical Music Listening
- The Music Business in the 21st century
II anno: Edexcel Units
- Music Performance Skills
- Improvisation in Music
- Harmony and Arranging
- Songwriting Techniques and Skills
- New Media Technology
- Creative Arts Research Skills
- Preparation, Process and Production in the Creative Arts
- Marketing the Creative Arts
III anno: Essex Units
- Solo Performance (c/o Lucca)
- Creative Musicianship (c/o Lucca)
- Specialised project (c/o Bologna)
Every student will have to confirm his study plan according to the year of attendance and frequency (part-time or full time). It is mandatory to have an IELTS Academic English language exam with an average score of 6.0 (a minimum 5.5 on every subject). PTE Pearson with 51 or Toefl with a minimum of 80 are also valid.
Scholarships and economic facilitation
Jam Academy adopts a policy of economic facilitation towards deserving students enrolling for our 3-year courses (Rock&Pop and Bachelor of Arts). Thanks to the contribution of Fondazione Banca del Monte di Lucca and Cassa di Risparmio di Lucca, we are able to provide different ways for our students to cover for a part or the total cost of the tuition. Yearly, during the month of April, many announcements for grants and scholarships are issued for the following year. The rules to apply for this scholarships are precisely stated in the official communications but generally, the criteria are: Musical resume, studying results, economic difficulties and date of enrolment.
These are some of our initiatives:
- Scholarships to enrolling students
- Learning Vouchers, with a potential coverage of 100% of the cost for the Bachelor of Arts
- Discounts and payment agreements depending on enrollment method
- Free courses offered by Jam Academy
About the School
Since 2001 Jam Academy has offered to more than 5000 students the opportunity to discover and enhance their musical talent. The courses are divided into Basic Courses and Higher Education: Bachelor of ... Read More