From immemorial time, the language of mankind.
We will teach you to paint starting with a traditional approach before moving on to master the latest techniques. Bringing art, the future and a profession within your grasp along a single educational pathway.
The visual arts are the most ancient of creative activities, and the skills and talents of the artist are still needed today. RUFA teaches young people how to express themselves, beginning from tradition whilst acquiring mastery of the techniques of today: painting, video, performance art, installations, electronic art. The modern visual artist must as aware of history as well as of the times in which we live now; RUFA helps its students to combine art, future, and profession into a single project. The professional scenarios that then open to students who have taken their Ba Degree in the painting are visual arts, graphic art, and painting as pure artistic expression. Thanks to their study in specific areas (contemporary art history, photography, and audiovisual, pictorial, graphics, and figurative techniques and technologies) RUFA graduates can work as curators of exhibition spaces, art directors for cultural events, graphic designers, and as art publishers. Anyone of these artistic sectors will be able to pick them out thanks to the high level of their training in the visual arts, aesthetics, the phenomenology of the contemporary arts, and the organization of art spaces and concepts.
Academy Degrees are equivalent to Bachelor’s university degrees.
The course is available in English or Italian language.
Coordinator: Emiliano Coletta
Tutor: Maria Pina Bentivenga
Lecturers: Maria Pina Bentivenga, Gianna Bentivenga, Simone Cametti, Alessandro Carpentieri, Emiliano Coletta, Guido D'Angelo, Bruno D'Annunzio, Fabrizio Dell'Arno, Genny Di Bert, Davide Dormino, Elena Fiorellino, Federico Landini, Nicolas Martino, Rosalia Palazzolo, Fabrizio Pizzuto, Christian Rizzo, Raffaele Simongini.
Suggested training program - Visual Arts Department
|I Year||Painting 1||12||150|
|Art History: Artistic Styles & Context 1||6||45|
|Artistic Anatomy 1||6||75|
|Drawing for Painting||6||75|
|Phenomenology of Contemporary Arts||6||45|
|Special Graphic Techniques||6||75|
|Basics of Computer Science||4||50|
|II Year||Painting 2||12||150|
|Art History: Artistic Styles & Context 2||6||45|
|Aesthetics of Visual Arts||6||45|
|Artistic Anatomy 2||6||75|
|Painting Techniques & Technologies||6||75|
|Engraving Techniques - Graphic Arts 1||6||75|
|III Year||Painting 3||12||150|
|Art History: Artistic Styles & Context 3||6||45|
|Phenomenology of the Image||6||75|
|Techniques of Contemporary Sculpture Arts||6||75|
|Engraving Techniques - Graphic Arts 2||6||75|
Admission to Bachelor of Arts programs
Joining the RUFA community is not difficult, but it requires commitment and determination. To be admitted to the Bachelor of Arts programs you will need to pass an admission test, that will enable us to assess your motivation and aptitude to study at RUFA. Admission tests vary according to the chosen course, cycle, and if the student is transferring from another University.
To enroll in a Bachelor of Arts Degree program you will need to submit:
- a leaving certificate confirming that you have attended 12 years of schooling. recognized through a “Declaration of Value in Loco (DV)” and legalization of the qualification (to be requested at the Italian Embassy / Consulate of your Country);
- a certificate stating that you have passed the proof of academic suitability exam, if required to be admitted to Universities in your Country (Selectividad, YKS, etc.);
- a certificate stating that you have an adequate level of Italian or English (depending on if you wish to attend a BA in Italian or English), achieved over the last 10 years. If you have achieved your qualification in an English/Italian speaking Country, or if the program you attend was in English/Italian you may not be required to submit a language certification.
- for non-EU students: study visa required to attend the Academic programs. Students must send a copy of their residence permit/residence permit request to the International students' office 8 days after arriving in Italy.
Deadlines regarding admission
Deadline to apply for the test
- First session: 16 January 2020
- Second session: 16 April 2020
- Third session: 4 June 2020
- Fourth session: 10 September 2020
- Fifth session: 1 October 2020
- First session: 20-24 January 2020
- Second session: 18 April 2020
- Third session: 8-12 June 2020
- Fourth session: 14-15 September 2020
- Fifth session: 5-6 October 2020
Direct enrollment deadline
- 1 October 2020
About the School
RUFA, Rome University of Fine Arts, is a multidisciplinary, international educational center – legally recognized by the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) – offering authoritative, ... Read More