The Bachelor of Arts in Ministry program of study is designed to train students for multiple types of ministries. In addition to excellent classroom instruction, during their fourth year B.A. (Ministry) students will complete a four-month in-depth supervised ministry experience under the direct supervision of a qualified ministry leader in their field of study.
During this time, students will be exposed to a broad range of ministries within a local church or parachurch ministry. This supervised ministry experience gives the opportunity for students to sharpen and focus ministry skills learned in the classroom. Students are also required to complete a minimum of three student ministry assignments.
Students completing the B.A. (Ministry) degree will meet many of the academic requirements for ordination in their denomination. The core courses of the degree meet the academic requirements for licensing in The Wesleyan Church; students may elect to complete academic requirements for ordination in The Wesleyan Church. Depending on the selection of track and/or minor, this may necessitate a ninth semester at Kingswood.
- to acquaint the student with the work of ministry in multiple settings
- to provide a theoretical foundation for a life of the intellectual and spiritual development
- to assist the student in developing a philosophy of ministry
- to provide specific coursework and practical experience opportunities to enhance the student’s ability to function as an effective leader in Christian ministry
- demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation for the central doctrines of the Christian faith and articulate them clearly.
- show an ability to view contemporary society from a biblical perspective and, in light of the historical past, develop a deeper appreciation of our Christian heritage
- skillfully interpret, expound, and proclaim the Word of God through word and deed
- accept leadership and function competently in a variety of church and parachurch ministries in North America and around the world
- demonstrate a maturing Christian walk through the practice of prayer, the exercise of faith, edification through the Word, and obedience to the Holy Spirit
The B.A. (Ministry) program affords students the option to customize their degrees, allowing them to select electives which match their gifts, interests, calling, and future plans. Students may elect to follow a specific ministry track or minor, or they may complete the B.A. (Ministry) degree without following a designated track:
- Children’s Ministry
- Christian Counselling
- Church Planting & Pastoral Ministry
- Evangelism, Compassion Ministry, Social Justice
- Global Ministry
- Worship Leading
- Youth Ministry
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 11, 2018