Signs around you.
You will play a pivotal role in all visual communication projects, from publishing to unconventional marketing, from corporate identity to advertising, from signposting to promotions.
The Graphic Designer plays a central role in all projects that involve visual communication. From publishing to packaging, corporate identity to exhibits, signage to advertising, Graphic Design is a multidisciplinary profession that combines various elements of communication (signs, fonts, colors, and images) to define languages that must always be original and contemporary. The RUFA Graphic Design graduate approaches this world of work armed with a command of many skills, thanks to the pathway followed at the Academy, which covers the many different aspects of visual communication. The graduate is trained in art history and publishing and has the ability to work with traditional graphics techniques as well as multimedia. Thanks to having thus acquired a thorough knowledge of graphics and photographic language, and of the technologies and media of today and the future, RUFA graduates possess the ability to implement projects for institutional identity, brand image, web design, wayfinding, and advertising. The RUFA graduate’s profile as a visual designer thus suits them for many scenarios of career development: from independent professional practice to working within advertising agencies, public institutions, and companies.
Academy Degrees are equivalent to Bachelor’s university degrees.
Coordinator: Emanuele Cappelli
Tutor: Luigi Iacobelli
Lecturers: Agnese Angelini, Paolo Buonaiuto, Emanuele Cappelli, Andrea M. Carcassi, Andrea Cavallari, Alessio Cremisini, Genny Di Bert, Mallio Falcioni, Alessandra Giacomelli, Elena Green, Luigi Iacobelli, Antonello Lipori, Guido Lombardo, Nicolas Martino, Antonio Pace, Paolo Parea, Enrico Parisio, Harald Pizzinini, Giordano Ricciardi, Alberto Ruggieri, Tommaso Salvatori, Roberto Scavizzi, Martha Scherr, Ryan Wilson.
Suggested training program - Design Department
|I Year||Graphic Design 1||12||150|
|History of printing & publishing||8||60|
|Technical drawing & project design||6||75|
|Vectorial and raster graphic||6||75|
|Theory of perception & psychology of form||6||45|
|II Year||Graphic Design 2||12||150|
|Features of publication design||8||100|
|3D Digital modeling techniques 1||6||75|
|Web design 1||4||50|
|Art history: artistic styles & context||6||45|
|III Year||Graphic Design 3||12||150|
|3D Digital animation techniques||8||100|
|3D Digital modeling techniques 2||6||75|
|Web design 2||4||50|
|Mass media theory & methods||6||45|
Admission to Bachelor of Arts programs
Joining the RUFA community is not difficult, but it requires commitment and determination. To be admitted to the Bachelor of Arts programs you will need to pass an admission test, that will enable us to assess your motivation and aptitude to study at RUFA. Admission tests vary according to the chosen course, cycle, and if the student is transferring from another University.
To enroll in a Bachelor of Arts Degree program you will need to submit:
- a leaving certificate confirming that you have attended 12 years of schooling. recognized through a “Declaration of Value in Loco (DV)” and legalization of the qualification (to be requested at the Italian Embassy / Consulate of your Country);
- a certificate stating that you have passed the proof of academic suitability exam, if required to be admitted to Universities in your Country (Selectividad, YKS, etc.);
- a certificate stating that you have an adequate level of Italian or English (depending on if you wish to attend a BA in Italian or English), achieved over the last 10 years. If you have achieved your qualification in an English/Italian speaking Country, or if the program you attend was in English/Italian you may not be required to submit a language certification.
- for non-EU students: study visa required to attend the Academic programs. Students must send a copy of their residence permit/residence permit request to the International students' office 8 days after arriving in Italy.
Deadlines regarding admission
Deadline to apply for the test
- First session: 16 January 2020
- Second session: 16 April 2020
- Third session: 4 June 2020
- Fourth session: 10 September 2020
- Fifth session: 1 October 2020
- First session: 20-24 January 2020
- Second session: 18 April 2020
- Third session: 8-12 June 2020
- Fourth session: 14-15 September 2020
- Fifth session: 5-6 October 2020
Direct enrollment deadline
- 1 October 2020
About the School
RUFA, Rome University of Fine Arts, is a multidisciplinary, international educational center – legally recognized by the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) – offering authoritative, ... Read More