Family businesses are unique in the way that they operate and in the skills required to work in them. Family-owned companies face their own unique challenges in a business environment characterized by intensified competition. In this specialization, you will learn how to leverage your strengths in the management of family business and successfully implement practices that drive high performance, shareholder loyalty and healthy family relationships.
Duration: Six semesters/three years (Summer Fast Track option available)
Locations: Barcelona, Geneva, Montreux
Teaching Language: English
Campus Exchange Programs: You can transfer to any of the four main campuses after any completed semester. We also have exchange programs with a long list of other universities around the world.
Degree Awarded: EU Switzerland private accredited bachelor's degree
Dual Degree On Campus
- Duration: Seven semesters/three years (Summer Fast Track option available)
- Credits: 172 CH/240 ECTS
Dual Degree Awarded: EU Switzerland private accredited bachelor's degree plus:
- Switzerland campuses: An official Bachelor of Science (Hons) in International Business degree awarded by the University of Roehampton in London.
- Barcelona campus: An official Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in International Business degree awarded by the University of Derby.
Opportunities Abroad: Undergraduate students at EU Business School can also obtain:
- A second bachelor’s degree at Pace University in New York, U.S.A.
- A second bachelor’s degree at Shinawatra International University in Thailand
- A postgraduate diploma at the University of California, Riverside, U.S.A.
Internships: EU has departments in each campus to help students procure internships.
Admission Period: On-going throughout the year
This program explores topics critical to family-owned companies, such as succession, ownership control, and strategic relationships.
Participants discover how to formulate strategies for reaching common goals, addressing conflicts, and planning for a family’s future.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis, applicants are evaluated on the strength of their applications as a whole and consideration is given to student qualities and abilities: leadership potential, academic achievements, performance on standardized tests and job experience.
Prove their English fluency: TOEFL score 213 (computer-based), 550 (paper-based); 80 (Internet-based); IELTS 6.0; CAE C; PTE 54; English native or equivalent. Have a High School Diploma or equivalent
Students not meeting these criteria will have an interview with the Dean and will be considered on a merit basis. For more information please contact the Admissions Department of your chosen campus.
The Undergraduate/bachelor’s degree programs at EU Business School have four start dates per year, these dates are the same in every campus. Semesters begin in October, February, June and March every year.
The next undergraduate/bachelor’s start dates are:
- Spring Semester: January 30, 2017
- Summer Semester I: May 29, 2017
- Summer Semester II: July 31, 2017
- Fall Semester: October 2, 2017
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017