The BA in English Literature emphasizes the historical and cultural understanding of the development of literature in English from the Anglo-Saxon period to the 21st century, in addition to the theory of various literary genres.
Requirements for the Degree
Introduction to Literature
- Introduction to Literature
- Introduction to the Novel
- Introduction to Poetry and Poetics
- Introduction to Literary and Cultural Theories
- American Literature
- English Literature I: Literary Beginnings to Milton
- English Literature II: The Enlightenment to Romanticism
- English Literature III: The Victorians to the Modernists
- Shakespeare or Shakespeare in Italy
- Classical Influences on English Literature or Italian Visions
- Senior Thesis
- Six major electives; at least four in English Literature, plus up to two relevant courses chosen from a list of approved courses
See 8 more programs offered by John Cabot University »
Last updated November 11, 2019
This course is
per year, international students
Mar 1, 2020
Does JCU Fit You?
Write Your Own Story at JCU
How Will JCU Change You?