Projects that change the world.
As a designer, you will design spaces, furnishings, and objects, rendering them contemporary, functional and innovative. Always a step ahead of current styles and trends, you will learn to interpret the society in which we live, helping to attribute it with a deeper significance.
The designer is a professional who creates contemporary spaces, furniture, and everyday objects that are functional and elegant. Anticipating trends, the designer interprets the society in which we live and help to construct its most profound meaning. The expectation is that our homes, cities, and everyday objects will be constantly renewed and improved thanks to the talent and intuition of tomorrow’s designers: designers who graduate from RUFA. As the principal actor of contemporary style, thanks to the designer’s understanding of the processes and techniques involved in implementing a project, the RUFA design graduate is a professional with the ability to make an authoritative contribution, through their work, to interior architecture, product design, and street furniture. The most important techniques of computer-aided graphical representation and design (digital modeling and virtual architecture) are part of the professional patrimony of the RUFA-qualified designer, who as an all-rounder is able to collaborate both with the small-scale artisan and the large-scale manufacturer, creating everything from the one-off object to a complete product range. Since there are no limits to the fields in which the designer operates, they can also work as coordinators of events or in launching trends and styles.
Academy Degrees are equivalent to Bachelor’s university degrees.
The course is available in English or Italian language.
Coordinator: Fabio Mongelli
Tutor: Alessio Cremisini
Lecturers: Adriana Annunziata, Floriana Cannatelli, Alessandro Ciancio, Alessio Cremisini, Rosa Cuppone, Gian Luca Gentili, Alessandro Gori, Anna Janowska, Giorgio Marcatili, Antonio Pace, Simone Pane, Felice Patacca, Puglisi Luigi Prestinenza, Meltem Eti Proto, Giuseppe Ragosta, Christian Rizzo, Ely Rozenberg, Martha Scherr, Emanuele Tarducci, Caterina Tomeo, Alessandro Vergoz.
Suggested training program - Design Department
|I Year||Design 1|
|History of design 1||6||45|
|3D Digital Modelling Techniques 1||6||75|
|Technical Drawing & Project Design||6||75|
|Basics of Computer Design||6||75|
|Technology of Materials||4||50|
|Basics of Computer Science||4||50|
|II Year||Design 2|
|History Of Design 2||6||45|
|Types of Art Materials||6||75|
|3D Digital Modelling Techniques 2||6||75|
|Product Design 1||6||75|
|Features of Architecture & Urban Design||6||75|
|Light Design 1||4||50|
|Theory & Practice Of Perspective Drawing||4||50|
|History of Contemporary Architecture||6||45|
|III Year||Design 3|
|Product Design 2||6||75|
|Light Design 2||6||75|
|Art History: Artistic Styles & Context||6||45|
Admission to Bachelor of Arts programs
Joining the RUFA community is not difficult, but it requires commitment and determination. To be admitted to the Bachelor of Arts programs you will need to pass an admission test, that will enable us to assess your motivation and aptitude to study at RUFA. Admission tests vary according to the chosen course, cycle, and if the student is transferring from another University.
To enroll in a Bachelor of Arts Degree program you will need to submit:
- a leaving certificate confirming that you have attended 12 years of schooling. recognized through a “Declaration of Value in Loco (DV)” and legalization of the qualification (to be requested at the Italian Embassy / Consulate of your Country);
- a certificate stating that you have passed the proof of academic suitability exam, if required to be admitted to Universities in your Country (Selectividad, YKS, etc.);
- a certificate stating that you have an adequate level of Italian or English (depending on if you wish to attend a BA in Italian or English), achieved over the last 10 years. If you have achieved your qualification in an English/Italian speaking Country, or if the program you attend was in English/Italian you may not be required to submit a language certification.
- for non-EU students: study visa required to attend the Academic programs. Students must send a copy of their residence permit/residence permit request to the International students' office 8 days after arriving in Italy.
Deadlines regarding admission
Deadline to apply for the test
- First session: 16 January 2020
- Second session: 16 April 2020
- Third session: 4 June 2020
- Fourth session: 10 September 2020
- Fifth session: 1 October 2020
- First session: 20-24 January 2020
- Second session: 18 April 2020
- Third session: 8-12 June 2020
- Fourth session: 14-15 September 2020
- Fifth session: 5-6 October 2020
Direct enrollment deadline
- 1 October 2020
About the School
RUFA, Rome University of Fine Arts, is a multidisciplinary, international educational center – legally recognized by the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) – offering authoritative, ... Read More