Clouds, ideas, color.
Create incredible stories with your own characteristic drawing style. Create infinite worlds with your own colors and technique. Take control of your own talent. Learn to tell stories by drawing them.
RUFA Comics and Illustration prepares professionals to enter the world of comics and illustrations and enables them to tell stories by giving shape to their own style and technique. Students acquire the ability to take control of all the basic artistic skills such as composition, visual communication, inking, anatomy, and perspective.
The course interweaves digital techniques with traditional coloring methods, creating the DNA of communication for the 21st century. A three/year course aimed at all those who want to entertain, illustrate, tell stories, and excite emotions by transforming their personal message into visual images.
Coordinator: Fabrizio Verrocchi
Tutor: Claudio Spuri
Lecturers: Lorenzo Bolzoni, Daniele Bonomo, Paolo Buonaiuto, Stefano Compagnucci, Riccardo Corbò, Fabrizio Dell'Arno, Fabrizio Des Dorides, Alessandro Feliciani, Giulio Fermetti, Luigi Iacobelli, Guido Lombardo, Emiliano Mammucari, Enrico Parisio, Rita Petruccioli, Claudio Spuri, Mauro Uzzeo.
Suggested training program - Design Department
|I Year||Art of Comics 1||6||75|
|Graphic design 1||12||150|
|History of printing & publishing||8||60|
|Theory & Practice of Perspective Drawing||6||75|
|Vectorial and raster graphic||6||75|
|II Year||Illustration 1||6||75|
|Graphic design 2||12||150|
|Features of publication design||8||100|
|Art history: artistic styles & context||6||45|
|3D Digital animation techniques 1||6||75|
|Web design 1||4||50|
|III Year||Illustration 2||4||50|
|Graphic design 3||12||150|
|Web design 2||4||50|
|Mass media theory & methods||6||45|
|3D Digital animation techniques 2||6||75|
|Literature and illustration for children||4||50|
|Workshop - Internships||4||100|
Admission to Bachelor of Arts programs
Joining the RUFA community is not difficult, but it requires commitment and determination. To be admitted to the Bachelor of Arts programs you will need to pass an admission test, that will enable us to assess your motivation and aptitude to study at RUFA. Admission tests vary according to the chosen course, cycle, and if the student is transferring from another University.
To enroll in a Bachelor of Arts Degree program you will need to submit:
- a leaving certificate confirming that you have attended 12 years of schooling. recognized through a “Declaration of Value in Loco (DV)” and legalization of the qualification (to be requested at the Italian Embassy / Consulate of your Country);
- a certificate stating that you have passed the proof of academic suitability exam, if required to be admitted to Universities in your Country (Selectividad, YKS, etc.);
- a certificate stating that you have an adequate level of Italian or English (depending on if you wish to attend a BA in Italian or English), achieved over the last 10 years. If you have achieved your qualification in an English/Italian speaking Country, or if the program you attend was in English/Italian you may not be required to submit a language certification.
- for non-EU students: study visa required to attend the Academic programs. Students must send a copy of their residence permit/residence permit request to the International students' office 8 days after arriving in Italy.
Deadlines regarding admission
Deadline to apply for the test
- First session: 16 January 2020
- Second session: 16 April 2020
- Third session: 4 June 2020
- Fourth session: 10 September 2020
- Fifth session: 1 October 2020
- First session: 20-24 January 2020
- Second session: 18 April 2020
- Third session: 8-12 June 2020
- Fourth session: 14-15 September 2020
- Fifth session: 5-6 October 2020
Direct enrollment deadline
- 1 October 2020
About the School
RUFA, Rome University of Fine Arts, is a multidisciplinary, international educational center – legally recognized by the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) – offering authoritative, ... Read More