Vision meets technique
You will recount the world through the eye of the camera. You will learn to script-write, direct, film, post-produce and edit diverse visual structural formats.
The gaze of the machine, recounting what the world looks like. Writing, shooting, editing, producing. Knowledge of cinema and television. Creating short films, music videos, commercials, documentaries, and television productions. At RUFA you can prepare for a profession that is absolutely modern by beginning from the study of a passion that has ancient beginnings. Thanks to the numerous lessons and workshops by professional tutors, those taking a Ba Degree in Cinema at RUFA can look forward to a world of interesting work opportunities. Possessing the strength of a solid foundation of technical and theoretical experience, they may be invited to write, direct, construct, produce, post-produce, and edit the structure of various kinds of visual format. They will be able to make their own films and television programs, thanks to having assimilated a solid understanding of these media during their years at RUFA, where they learn about directing and scriptwriting, photography, shooting techniques, editing, sound design, history of the contemporary arts, aesthetics in the visual arts, and the history of cinema. All of this gives them the ability to offer the world of entertainment a complete, up-to-date, strongly competitive professional profile.
Academy Degrees are equivalent to Bachelor’s university degrees.
Coordinator: Andres Rafael Zabala
Tutor: Christian Angeli
Lecturers: Elisa Amoruso, Christian Angeli, Alessandro Bencivenni, Marianna Cappi, Giacomo Ciarrapico, Stefano Compagnucci, Andrea Costantini, Bruno D'Annunzio, Genny Di Bert, Alessio Maria Federici, Elena Fiorellino, Claudio Giovannesi, Wairimu Mary Kang’ethe, Massimo Intoppa, Federico Landini, Valeria Licurgo, Alessandro Marinelli, Fabio Mollo, Tullio Morganti, Christian Rizzo, Martha Scherr, Raffaele Simongini, Caterina Tomeo, Elisabetta Villaggio, Andres Rafael Zabala.
Suggested training program - Design Department
|I Year||Film-Making 1||12||150|
|History of Cinema & Video 1||6||45|
|Film Shooting Techniques||4||50|
|Sound Design 1||4||50|
|Basics of Computer Science||4||50|
|II Year||Film-Making 2||12||150|
|History of Cinema & Video 2||6||45|
|Features of Video Production 1||6||75|
|Mass Media Theory & Methods||6||45|
|Art History: Artistic Styles & Context||6||45|
|III Year||Film-Making 3||12||150|
|Audiovisual Documentation Techniques||8||100|
|Phenomenology of Contemporary Arts||6||45|
|Features of Video Production 2||6||75|
|Sound Design 2||4||50|
Admission to Bachelor of Arts programs
Joining the RUFA community is not difficult, but it requires commitment and determination. To be admitted to the Bachelor of Arts programs you will need to pass an admission test, that will enable us to assess your motivation and aptitude to study at RUFA. Admission tests vary according to the chosen course, cycle, and if the student is transferring from another University.
To enroll in a Bachelor of Arts Degree program you will need to submit:
- a leaving certificate confirming that you have attended 12 years of schooling. recognized through a “Declaration of Value in Loco (DV)” and legalization of the qualification (to be requested at the Italian Embassy / Consulate of your Country);
- a certificate stating that you have passed the proof of academic suitability exam, if required to be admitted to Universities in your Country (Selectividad, YKS, etc.);
- a certificate stating that you have an adequate level of Italian or English (depending on if you wish to attend a BA in Italian or English), achieved over the last 10 years. If you have achieved your qualification in an English/Italian speaking Country, or if the program you attend was in English/Italian you may not be required to submit a language certification.
- for non-EU students: study visa required to attend the Academic programs. Students must send a copy of their residence permit/residence permit request to the International students' office 8 days after arriving in Italy.
Deadlines regarding admission
Deadline to apply for the test
- First session: 16 January 2020
- Second session: 16 April 2020
- Third session: 4 June 2020
- Fourth session: 10 September 2020
- Fifth session: 1 October 2020
- First session: 20-24 January 2020
- Second session: 18 April 2020
- Third session: 8-12 June 2020
- Fourth session: 14-15 September 2020
- Fifth session: 5-6 October 2020
Direct enrollment deadline
- 1 October 2020
About the School
RUFA, Rome University of Fine Arts, is a multidisciplinary, international educational center – legally recognized by the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) – offering authoritative, ... Read More