The mission of Hannibal-LaGrange University is to provide excellent education in both liberal arts and professional disciplines in a distinctively Christian environment that integrates Christian faith and learning in preparing graduates for personal and career effectiveness.
The mission of the Christian Studies Major is to provide an excellent education in the biblical and theological disciplines, as well as the ministerial disciplines for guiding the spiritual formation and practical ministry in a distinctively Christian environment that integrates Christian faith and learning in preparing graduates for personal and career effectiveness.
Objectives for the Christian Studies Major with Concentration in Bible
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of the content and recommended techniques associated with sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in witnessing.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of the content and issues associated with basic Christian doctrines.
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of the methods, tools, and principles of biblical interpretation.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge and skills required to accomplish an inductive-exegetical Bible study and to prepare and deliver biblically based expositional sermons.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of the historical and theological content, as well as critical issues associated with Old and New Testament books.
We Stand Out
Aligned with the great traditions of Christianity
At many schools, students don't get the opportunity to know many of their professors. HLG's Christian Studies faculty prides themselves on breaking that stereotype.
"We aren't just professors. We are mentors." - Dr. Brown, Professor
The kind of education students can expect is not indoctrination, but a well-balanced, fair evaluation of all sides of theological issues.
Training and experience
We’re academically rigorous, but also focused on developing students spiritually. We’re trying to strengthen their devotion and their doctrine at the same time. This is not just training, but an experience in spiritual growth.
We offer students many opportunities to put what they learn into practice through missions projects, local church involvement, and ministry guidance programs.
Experience ministry in local churches
Many churches in the area give HLGU students leadership and ministry experience through preaching, pastoring, serving on staff, youth ministry, music ministry, youth revivals, children's events and more.
Be part of the local body
The Hannibal area has many excellent churches that welcome students to join.
Receive Ministry Guidance
Learning isn't just in the classroom. We seek to provide the tools, experience, and opportunities for being actively involved in ministry during your time at HLG.
Go on Mission
We facilitate mission opportunities for students, starting in our local community and going to the ends of the earth.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 11, 2019