Xiamen University is the pioneer of education for the field of advertising in China, since starting in 1983. Our programme at Xiamen University Malaysia provides a comprehensive exploration of advertising, public relations, integrated marketing communications, branding, digital marketing, strategic communications, event management, and other practical courses. Courses allow students to acquire and practice skills in simulated situations and, when applicable, with professional clients. Students will learn to combine critical and strategic thinking with research and creativity to deliver effective messages to a targeted audience on behalf of a client. Every student can specialize in either the creative or the account management side of the business after they develop a foundation in both areas.
Our skills curriculum begins with broad training across the professional practice areas of mass communication and in widely applicable skills such as data analysis and visualization. We believe our programme offers an unequaled blend of skills training, theoretical learning, and real-world practice. As a result, our graduates leave as able practitioners, critical thinkers, problem solvers, and innovators.
- The programme sustains the role of communication both locally and globally in today’s connected world.
- A stimulating and forward-thinking academic curriculum that integrates advertising and public relations.
- The development of professionalism and the opportunity for real-world learning experiences with industry.
Main Courses Offered
Major Core Courses
- History of Media
- Introduction to New Media Studies
- Introduction to Advertising
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Visual Communication Design
- Advertising Creative
- Media and Communication Law
- Advertising Copywriting
- TV Commercials and Promos
- Brand Management
- Advertising Workshop
- Planning and Evaluation of Public Relations Campaigns
- Advertising Psychology
- Organizational Communication
- Public Relations Workshop
- Research Methodology / Media Research
- Design Thinking
- Final Year Project
Major Elective Courses
- Broadcast and Film Term
- Intercultural Communication
- Introduction to International Communication
- Strategic Communication Planning
- Social Media and Public Relations
- New Media Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Data Analysis in Digital Creative Industries
- Advertising, public relations, and full-service agencies;
- In-house communication departments at corporations and nonprofit organizations;
- Government agencies and bureaus;
- Legislative offices;
- Political campaigns;
- Special event organizations;
- Higher education;
- The media industry (web properties, social media sites, TV networks, magazines, radio networks);
- Other organizations with creative, marketing or media departments.
||minimum Grade C (NGMP 2.00) in 2 subjects and credit in English Language subject at SPM level or equivalent
||a minimum grade of Jayyid and Credit in English Language subject at SPM level or equivalent
||at least grade B in 5 subjects including English Language subject
||with at least grade D in 2 subjects
||at least Tertiary Entrance Rank (TER) 70 and grade B in 2 related subjects
||average 70% in 6 related subjects
||at least CGPA 2.00 and Credit in English Language subject at SPM level or equivalent; OR pass Diploma (Level 4 MQF) in Media and Communication field or equivalent
||at least CGPA 2.00 and Credit in English Language subject at SPM level or equivalent
||Other qualifications recognized by the Malaysia Government.