Registration Certificate No 2001/HE08/006. SAQA ID: 87406. (376 CREDITS)
This qualification helps students gain an in-depth understanding of sociological theories. The student would be able to analyse and evaluate these theories with reference to issues such as poverty, globalisation, conflict, the environment and gender, with a special focus on South Africa and the African continent. The qualification also provides the students with practical community, cross-cultural and social research skills.
- National Senior Certificate with a bachelor’s pass or equivalent;
- Matriculation Certificate (with university exemption) or equivalent;
- Higher Certificate or an Advanced Certificate or Diploma in a cognate field.
Alternative Admission Requirements
- A National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with a diploma pass (or equivalent) combined with the results of the National Benchmark Test (NBT);
- Mature age of 23 and over during the first year of studies and a National Senior Certificate (or equivalent);
- The conditions of the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policy for access and the results of the NBT are determining factors for admission. Contact the admissions office regarding RPL;
- Mature students (45 years or later) can be admitted, determined by the RPL conditions and the results of the NBT.
- Minimum three years;
- Maximum six years part-time;
- On campus and online;
- January and July intakes.
About the School
Cornerstone is an independent, not-for-profit higher education institution engaged in teaching and learning in service of others, to advance human dignity and social justice for all.