Registration Certificate No 2001/HE08/006. SAQA ID: 87406. (376 CREDITS)
The aim of this programme is to educate students in the theory and practice of psychology and counselling, with a focus on personal development, family studies and broader mental health interventions. The programme helps students develop an integrated and relevant counselling praxis within the South African context. It also prepares students for further studies in psychology and trains them in foundational social research skills. During their first year, the students will also take the foundational set of modules, referred to as the ‘Cornerstone Core’. These include History, Sociology, Ethics, Philosophy, Economics and Leadership Studies. These modules are embedded in Cornerstone’s core values of inclusivity, excellence, integrity, unity, respect and creativity.
- National Senior Certificate with a bachelor’s pass or equivalent;
- Matriculation Certificate (with university exemption) or equivalent;
- Higher Certificate or an Advanced Certificate or Diploma in a cognate field.
Alternative Admission Requirements
- National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with a diploma pass (or equivalent) combined with the results of the NBT;
- Mature age of 23 and over during the first year of studies and a National Senior Certificate (or equivalent);
- The conditions of the RPL policy for access and the results of the NBT are determining factors for admission. Contact the admissions office regarding RPL;
- Mature students (45 years or later) can be admitted, determined by the RPL conditions and the results of the NBT.
- Minimum three years full-time;
- Maximum six years part-time;
- On campus and online;
- January and July intakes.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 14, 2018