Registration Certificate No 2001/HE08/006. NQF 7; SAQA ID: 87406. (376 CREDITS)
The major in Media Studies is designed to help students develop the analytical, critical and creative communication skills required to engage meaningfully with a wide range of media. Building on a robust understanding of media’s political, economic, technological, social and historical contexts, each student will find his/her unique voice through real-world experiences provided by contact with industry professionals and practical projects.
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a bachelor’s pass or equivalent;
- Matriculation Certificate (with university exemption) or equivalent;
- Higher Certificate or an Advanced Certificate or Diploma in a cognate field.
Alternative Admission Requirements
- National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with a diploma pass (or equivalent) combined with the results of the National Benchmark Test (NBT);
- Mature age of 23 and over during the first year of studies and a National Senior Certificate (or equivalent);
- The conditions of the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policy for access and the results of the NBT are determining factors for admission. Contact the admissions office regarding RPL;
- Mature students (45 years or later) can be admitted, determined by the RPL conditions and the results of the NBT.
- Minimum three years;
- Maximum six years part-time;
- On campus and online;
- January and July intakes.
About the School
Cornerstone is an independent, not-for-profit higher education institution engaged in teaching and learning in service of others, to advance human dignity and social justice for all.