A degree in accounting and financial management is highly relevant to the needs of organisations of all sizes.
By completeing the course, you will be adding value to your employability and attractiveness as a professional.
- You will develope expertise in business problem solving and decision making through the 'Business Modelling for Decision Making' module, which integrates finance and quantitative techniques.
- You will enhance your personal developement and knowledge base through the 'Contemporary Developments in Business and Management' module.
- You will develope the generic skill of project management through the 'Managing Projects' module, which involves analysing recent projects against key criteria such as risk, design and control.
- To enable students to demonstrate relevant knowledge and understanding of the role of accounting and finance in business organisations
- To assist students to develop a range of subject specific and transferable skills which will prepare them for a career in a wide range of commercial and not-for-profit organisations
- To develop and maintain an awareness and understanding of accounting and finance in a regional, national and international context
- To develop students' transferable skills of analysis, judgment, communication and independent learning
- To widen access to undergraduate accounting and financial management courses for students by providing a flexible mode of delivery, with appropriate student support and guidance.
Majority of the modules are assessed by coursework only.
Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Accounting and Financial Management from the University of Sunderland, UK. The degree will be the same as that awarded to the full-time students at the University main campus in the UK.
- Financial Management (20 Credits)
- Strategic Management Accounting (20 Credits)
- Business Modelling for Decision Making (20 Credits)
- International Financial Reporting (20 Credits)
- Managing Projects (20 Credits)
- Contemporary Developments in Business and Management (20 Credits)
Applicants must possess one of the following entrance requirements:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business or its equivalent required for entry to stage 3.
- MDIS Advanced Diplomas in business / management related discipline or equivalent from other Private Education Institutions (PEIs)
- Other relevant diplomas from recognised polytechnics
- Other qualifications from professional institutes may be considered on a case-by-case basis
Applicants must be of age 18 and above.
English Language Requirements
Students will be required to demonstrate a relevant standard of English (IELTS 6.0 or TOELF score 550 or equivalent)
About the School
The Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS), founded in 1956, is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning. MDIS has two main subsidiaries: Management ... Read More