This programme provides you with an integrated understanding and specialist perspective on the application of culture, context and professional practice in the fashion industry.
Through this dynamic programme, you will benefit from the project and studio-based work integrating design practice, technology, and theory. You will develop, implement and realize creative concepts and marketable products.
Levels and modules are designed thematically to focus on the learning outcomes against the school’s guidelines.
We aim to produce graduates who are imaginative, innovative, versatile and competitive. This aim is achieved by:
- Producing graduates who have acquired theoretical and practical knowledge and skills required by the fashion industry;
- Developing graduates with critical and analytical problem-solving skills and general transferable skills (interpersonal skills, teamwork, etc.);
- Preparing students for a broad range of related employment opportunities.
Methods of Assessment
The programme is offered in a 3-year full-time study mode and all students must complete 120 credits at each level to achieve a total of 360 credits. Assessment criteria are directly linked to module learning outcomes and assessment is 100% coursework. Students will receive an overall mark for each module made up of individual marks against each of the module learning outcomes.
Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Fashion Marketing and Branding awarded by Nottingham Trent University, UK.
- Principles of Fashion Marketing And Branding
- Visual And Cultural Influences
- Marketing Strategy and Communication
- Brand Environment
- Strategic and Creative Solutions
Applicants must be of age 18 and above, and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- 2 GCE 'A' Level credits or equivalent;
- MDIS Diploma in Fashion Design and Marketing;
- Other relevant diplomas.
All applicants must also possess a C6 credit in English as a First Language (EL1) or its equivalent at GCE ’O’ Level
Applicants who do not meet the English language requirements stated above are required to:
- A minimum of 550 points (paper-based), 213 points (computer-based) or 79 points (internet-based);
- Achieve an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.0.
About the School
The Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS), founded in 1956, is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning. MDIS has two main subsidiaries: Management ... Read More