A degree in business and marketing is highly relevant to the needs of organizations of all sizes.
Career opportunities are available in areas such as marketing management, marketing research, and marketing communications.
- To enable students to demonstrate relevant knowledge and understanding of organizations, the external environment in which they operate and how they are managed
- To develop and maintain an awareness and understanding of business in a regional, national and international context.
- To develop students with a range of subject-specific and transferable skills which will prepare them for a career within a wide range of commercial and not-for-profit organizations and business start-up.
- To develop independent life-long learners.
- To deliver a programme which is attractive to employers at regional, national and international levels
- To widen access to students with diverse educational backgrounds by providing appropriate entry and exit points and appropriate student support and guidance.
- To deliver a programme which assists the School in achieving its mission of promoting and delivering high-quality learning and research, relevant to contemporary business and management, through a partnership between staff, students, industry, and the wider community.
Majority of the modules are assessed by coursework only.
Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Business and Marketing from the University of Sunderland, UK. The degree will be the same as that awarded to the full-time students at the University main campus in the UK.
- Strategic Management (20 Credits)
- Managing Projects (20 Credits)
- Marketing Strategy (20 Credits)
- E-Marketing Strategy (20 Credits)
- Consumer Psychology (20 Credits)
- Strategic Integrated Marketing Communications (20 Credits)
Applicants must possess one of the following entrance requirements:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business or its equivalent required for entry to year 3.
- MDIS Advanced Diplomas in business/management related discipline or equivalent from other Private Education Institutions (PEIs)
- Other relevant diplomas from recognized polytechnics
- Other qualifications from professional institutes may be considered on a case-by-case basis
Applicants must be of age 18 and above.
English Language Requirements
Students will be required to demonstrate a relevant standard of English (IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL score 550 or equivalent)
About the School
The Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS), founded in 1956, is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning. MDIS has two main subsidiaries: Management ... Read More