If you are considering a career in a competitive global environment, this program is for you. This program will provide you with the skills to compete in a highly competitive global marketplace. It will be of particular interest if you are interested in a career in International Diplomacy, International Organizations such as the UN, Non-Governmental Organizations, and International Business.
A Rigorous, Enriching Program
This is a unique and interdisciplinary program that combines several academic disciplines into a varied and fascinating study of global politics. Our program is based on a set of core, political science courses and two concentrations selected from Economics, Gender, History, Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies, Sociology, Geography and Globalization, and Languages (choice of French, Arabic, German, Italian or Spanish). The International Relations program combines several academic disciplines into a varied and fascinating study of global politics. Our faculty members conduct cutting-edge research in areas such as con ict resolution and Track II diplomacy, development and aid strategies, food security and hunger, international policy analysis, international trade, Middle Eastern and Islamic politics and religion and politics. International Relations and Development Studies at UWindsor offers you courses in World Politics, International Human Rights, International Conflict Resolution, Principles of International Law, International Political Economy, Languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, German, Italian), International Trade, Middle East Politics, US Foreign Policy and Women and War.
What You Will Take the First Year
- Introduction to Canadian Government and Politics
- Introduction to International Relations
- The World in the 20th Century, 1914-1945
- Introduction to Economics I
- Foundations of Academic Writing I
*For more information regarding course names and descriptions, please request more information by submitting the Information Form to the right.*
- Foreign service (public service)
- International organizations
- Non-governmental organizations
- International business
- Education with additional studies
Excellent Student Resources
In addition to dedicated faculty who hold weekly and accessible office hours, the University of Windsor Student Success Centre is here to help you with such things as adding, dropping, or withdrawing from a course, discussing problems that may be impacting your academic performance, reviewing your academic progress, changing or choosing your major, or referral to other relevant campus services.
At the University of Windsor, we offer 190 high-quality programs in an international setting. Equally important, you can experience a broad range of opportunities outside the classroom:
- Explore exchange opportunities with dozens of universities around the world.
- Enhance your work experience through co-op programs, internships and paid research assistantships.
- Student-led organizations play a vital role on campus and in the broader community.
- The diversity of our students—where they are from, what they believe and how they think—will expand your mind.
Minimum admission average of 70%. Ontario Secondary School graduates require six Grade 12 U or M courses, including ENG4U.
Program taught in: