Awarded by The University of Northampton
This tourism degree programme is specifically designed to meet industry needs. The course is accredited by the Tourism Management Institute and the Tourism Society, the professional bodies for Tourism Management in the UK. Students are encouraged to take a critical and analytical perspective to their understanding of tourism business theory combined with a proactive business development approach throughout.
The course aims to develop in students:
- A broad knowledge of the environment within which tourism businesses operate, whilst developing a sound understanding of the academic foundations which underpin key industry disciplines.
- Knowledge and transferable skills in order that they may present themselves as marketable, well-educated and competent individuals, who are able to succeed in a wide range of tourism career opportunities.
- Relevant skills in order that they may have the ability to manage complex situations professionally.
- Knowledge and intellectual ability that they may confidently express themselves and seek to become lifelong learners
Full-Time: 12 months*
Part-Time: 18 months
*can be completed within 10-12 months depending on the university calendar.
Assessment of the modules includes examinations, assignments, projects, presentations, class tests, and/or practical tests.
Teaching and learning
Lectures, tutorials and independent learning will be employed. To make sure that students have a clear understanding of the concepts, tutorials will re-emphasize the key areas. Independent learning involves students taking the initiative in recognizing learning requirements and undertaking activities to meet them. These activities could take the form of research, tutorial exercises, review questions and coursework.
- Business Communication
- International Destination Management
- Principles of Marketing Management
- Innovation in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Professional Consultancy Project
- Research Project
17 years old
Obtained at least a Pass in any one of the following:
- TMC Higher Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- TMC Higher Diploma in Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure Management
- Relevant Polytechnic Diploma*
- Advanced / Higher Diploma in ( Hospitality / Tourism ) from Private Education Institutions*
* Relevant Polytechnic Diploma and other Advanced Diploma holders will have to obtain a TMC Higher Diploma prior to the Top-Up degree. Credits may be given for the modules completed previously and the number of modules required to undertake may be 4 modules or more.
Any of the following or equivalent:
- At least a C6 at GCE O English
- Completed a Higher / Advanced Diploma where medium of instruction is English
- Pass an English online test and an interview with the Dean/HOD/designate
- IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL ( Paper ) ≥ 547
- TOEFL ( Computer ) ≥ 210
- TOEFL ( Internet ) ≥ 78
- TOEIC ≥ 780
- Attend and pass Certificate in English up to Academic English level
Local fee: $14,582; International fee: $19,060
About the School
TMC Academy was established in Singapore in 1981. It offers courses in various disciplines including Accounting, Business and Management, Infocomm Technology, Hospitality/Tourism Management and Psycho ... Read More