Manner of instruction delivery
The programme is delivered via lectures, seminars, workshops, business games and simulations and directed independent study.
This will be supported through
- The creation of a learning environment which fosters debate and constructive argument.
- Modules which encourage students to critically assess theory and leading edge practice with a view to creating new concepts and practices for the future.
- Practical projects which foster originality of thought and enterprise.
- Exercises which develop critical analysis of financial statements.
Students will be presented with increasingly complex business scenarios (case studies) and will be encouraged to gain a deeper and wider perspective of the business problem, while at the same time maintaining the strategic view which is the key concern of the Business Management student.
Age Requirement: 18
If English is not the medium of studies or learning in the high school or taken as a 2nd language, a good score in TOEFL or IELTS or SAT or ACT in Writing is required
- Candidates who are at least 30 years of age with at least 8 years of working experience (after graduation from Junior College) as at 1st July of the admission year may apply for admission as Mature Applicants
- To qualify as a mature applicant, you are required to submit a Personal Statement of not more than 200 words and 2 Referee Reports from at least one employer. Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level Examination in the English medium and must have obtained all of the following:
- At least two passes in subjects at H2 level with One H1 Level pass and attempted General Paper (GP) or Knowledge & Inquiry (KI) or
- Formal International Year 12 Education or
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma awarded by the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) or
- Polytechnic Diploma Holder in any field of study from a local polytechnic in Singapore
To qualify as a mature applicant, you are required to submit a Personal Statement of not more than 200 words and 2 Referee Reports from at least one employer. Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview
Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) –Entry to 2 onwards
- Polytechnic Diploma Holder in the relevant of study from a local polytechnic in Singapore
- An approved Diploma or Advanced Diploma from private education institutions of Singapore with prior entry requirements as GCE 'A' level Examination or Equivalent in the Diploma Level
- The transcript from your diploma course must demonstrate that you have read and passed the equivalents of essential University of Northampton modules. APL is approved by the university
Candidates who are at least 30 years of age with at least 8 years of working experience (after graduation from Junior College) as at 1st July of the admission year may apply for admission as Mature Applicants
Course Application fee:
Local Students : S$100 (Onetime Only)
International Students : S$350 (Onetime Only)
- Course application fee is non refundable.
- Fees indicated are exclusive of GST.
|Foundations of Marketing (20 Credit)||Introduction to Marketing Communications (20 Credit)||Fashion Through Time (20 Credit)||21st Century Fashion (40 Credit)|
|Understanding Consumers* (20 Credit)||English for Business Studies* (20 Credit)|
|The Fashion Entrepreneur (20 Credit)||Brand Management (20 Credit)||Integrated Marketing Communications (20 Credit)|
|Fashion Professional Practice (40 Credit)||Public Relations Management and Practice* (20 Credit)|
|Dissertation (40 Credit)||Campaign Planning (20 Credit)||Fashion Consultancy (40 Credit)||Consumer Behaviour(20 Credit)|
This school offers programs in:
- Awarding authority: The University of Northampton, UK
- Academic year/time schedule/ programme duration: Duration of course is 3 years
- Mode: Full Time / Part Time
- Teaching amenities Facilities etc: Lecture rooms, Library, Computer lab, Student lounge
Last updated May 19, 2017