Awarded by The University of Northampton
The business degree awarded by The University of Northampton covers key aspects of business and management in practice and theory and emphasizes the development of individual and group skills. Students can select from a range of pathways to meet their individual interests and career aspirations including marketing, finance, human resources and general business. This course is designed for students seeking careers in marketing and business industries.
The course aims for students to:
- Become increasingly independent in their learning style, thereby enhancing their life-long learning skills.
- Gain a deep understanding of organizations, their management, and the changing external environment
- Be able to contribute effectively to a range of operational and/or strategic contexts in business on completion of the programme and to target careers in one specialist area
- Develop both the knowledge and the ability to use a range of research techniques.
Full-Time: 12 months*
Part-Time: 18 months
*can be completed within 10-12 months depending on the university calendar.
Assessment of the modules includes examinations, assignments, projects, presentations, class tests, and/or practical tests.
Teaching and learning
Lectures, tutorials, and independent learning will be employed. To make sure that students have a clear understanding of the concepts, tutorials will re-emphasize the key areas. Independent learning involves students taking the initiative in recognizing learning requirements and undertaking activities to meet them. These activities could take the form of research, tutorial exercises, review questions and coursework.
- Business Communication
- Principles of Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Business Project
17 years old
Obtained at least a Pass in any one of the following:
- TMC Higher Diploma in Business
- TMC Higher Diploma in Business (Marketing specialization)
- TMC Higher Diploma in Business (Human Resources Management specialization)
- TMC Higher Diploma in Business (International Business specialization)
- TMC Higher Diploma in Business (Accounting specialization)
- TMC Higher Diploma in Business (Logistics specialization)
- TMC Higher Diploma in Business Studies
- TMC Higher Diploma in Business Studies with Marketing
- TMC Higher Diploma in Business Studies with Human Resource Management
- TMC Higher Diploma in Business Studies with International Business
- TMC Higher Diploma in Business Studies with Accounting
- TMC Higher Diploma in Business Studies with Logistics
- SQA HND Business
- Relevant Polytechnic Diploma*
- Advanced / Higher Diploma in ( Business / Management / Accounting / Marketing ) from Private Education Institutions*
* Relevant Polytechnic Diploma and other Advanced Diploma holders will have to obtain a TMC Higher Diploma prior to the Top-Up degree. Credits may be given for the modules completed previously and the number of modules required to undertake may be 4 modules or more.
Any of the following or equivalent:
- At least a C6 at GCE O English
- Completed a Higher / Advanced Diploma where medium of instruction is English
- Pass an English online test and an interview with the Dean/HOD/designate
- IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL ( Paper ) ≥ 547
- TOEFL ( Computer ) ≥ 210
- TOEFL ( Internet ) ≥ 78
- TOEIC ≥ 780
- Attend and pass Certificate in English up to Academic English level
Local fee: $14,582; International fee: $19,060
About the School
TMC Academy was established in Singapore in 1981. It offers courses in various disciplines including Accounting, Business and Management, Infocomm Technology, Hospitality/Tourism Management and Psycho ... Read More