Bachelor of Art in Arts
Program Mission Statement
The primary mission of the Peru State College Art Program is to prepare graduates who are capable and successful artists, designers, and teachers. The Art Program has three options available to students that permit them to follow the most appropriate direction, based on their interest. The Teaching Option is for the student seeking certification to teach art in the public schools. The Fine Arts Option is for the student who intends to continue on to graduate school or find a career in art aside from public school teaching. The Graphic Design Option is for the student who wants to be creative in the design industry.
The Art Program at Peru State College includes Options in Fine Arts, Teaching, and Graphic Design. This means the program must prepare students to function in a variety of roles. To achieve this goal art instruction prepares students to:
- Be visually literate, including competence using the visual elements to achieve intended effects, and using the design principles to effectively organize the composition.
- Identify, analyze, and solve problems in visual form in a variety of contexts.
- Interpret themes in self-expressive ways and select appropriate forms, media, techniques, and technologies to realize those expressions.
- Articulate appropriate verbal and written responses to their own work and processes, and to the works of others.
- Be knowledgeable of contemporary and historical art and appreciate art in and as culture.
About the School
Peru State’s “Campus of a Thousand Oaks,” a member of the Nebraska Statewide Arboretum, is nestled in the hills of historic southeast Nebraska on the Missouri River. The College offers a mix of innova ... Read More