Bachelor of Architecture (BArch)
The School offers a Council of Architecture approved, B. Arch degree. The course looks at the discipline of Architecture as an interlinked entity, which sources from varied fields such as Mass Communication, Design, and Management to provide a holistic idea of the built environment to the students. The course also recognizes the multiplicity and changing nature of future roles open to the architect. The students are afforded the freedom to engage with the discipline at many levels, and through multiple channels where they are allowed to choose their own unique pathways through the course.
The Foundation Year is common with the Design courses, in which the students encounter their courses as a part of the larger design umbrella. The Foundation Year studios give each student a hands-on experience of multiple facets of architecture and design, while also exposing them to the basics of research and theory of the built environment.
The course is also designed as a combination of Core and Elective subjects, where each Core Atelier Studio is open to all students, and deals with a different construction technique every semester. The elective seminars function differently. Not restricted to any particular level, these seminars are offered by a group of multi-disciplinary scholars who comprise the liberal arts collective within the school. In case of these seminars, the students are free to select any elective that they choose according to their own interests.
- Sr. Secondary (10+2) with Mathematics - 55% marks
- Should be NATA qualified
- Proficiency in English communication
The admission forms are available at Sharda University Admissions Office. You may buy the form for Rs 1,000 from the counter or send a DD in favour of Sharda University- "SURE Entrance Test” payable at Greater Noida.
Career and Placement
The school offers a Council of Architecture approved, B. Arch degree. The course is of five years duration with a mandatory year of work experience, to be taken after completing four years. The course recognizes the multiplicity and changing roles open to Architects today. The course looks at the discipline of Architecture as an interdisciplinary field which sources from various other fields like Communication, Design and Management. The students are exposed to various facets of other disciplines which would help strengthen their understanding and place forth the future opportunities in which they could branch out into.
The students would be well qualified to pursue higher studies in Architecture and planning across the Globe.
The students can engage in Architectural practice individually or join renowned consulting and corporate and developer organizations based on their interests. Listed below are defined areas for placement and career.
- Architectural Practice
- Corporate Architectural Practice - DLF, L&T., SATLIER,
- Builder Groups-Eros, Jaypee. Omaxe, Ansal, 3c's, Assotech, Supertech etc.
- Government Organiations - Urban Local Bodies
- In-house Architects for Private organizations
- Pursuing Masters in Architecture & Planning
- Teaching NGO
Guidelines for Admissions
- Pre-qualification examination criteria for the Under Graduate programmes is Class 12th from any of the recognized boards of India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification for the Under Graduate programmes is a certificate equivalent to Class 12th examination of the country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian University’.
- Pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programmes is graduation from any recognized university in India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programmes is degree awarded by a University in a particular country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian Universities’.
- Applicants who have appeared for their final year graduation examinations in year 2015 may also apply for admission to Post Graduate programme.
- The University reserves its rights to judge the capability of a candidate through GD/PI before final admission.
- TOEFL/IELTS is compulsory for foreign nationals who do not have English as primary language in teaching and examination.
- To qualify for admission in Sharda University in its Under Graduate programme, the applicants must complete 17 years of age on 31st December of the academic year in which they are seeking admission.