The program is a five-year program, including two compulsory summer sessions of practical training.
The program aims at nurturing the students’ critical thinking and develop their capability to significantly improve the built environment; through the active participation of its graduates in the profession of architecture in Qatar and the region. The student will be trained to balance between different types of knowledge an architect needs. The graduate of this program will be able to experience multiple roles within the Qatari society and can compete with their counterparts while positioning themselves distinctively in a competitive global market.
The Department of Architecture and Urban Planning is going through Substantial Equivalency Procedures for the Bachelor of Architecture Program from NAAB (National Architectural Accrediting Board, inc.,) in the United States. The program is available for females.
Admission requirements vary based on the application type (new, transfer, visiting, or non-degree applicants). Please contact us for further information about admission requirements.
The objectives of the Bachelor of Architecture program are translated into a number of learning outcomes. These outcomes are directly related to the profession of architecture, the way in which it is practiced, and the knowledge components necessary for such a practice. The following list of outcomes represents the minimum learning outputs expected and therefore they are not exclusive. Specific exercises and individual and group projects may achieve additional outcomes:
- Ability to conceptualize and coordinate designs, addressing social, cultural, environmental, and technological aspects of architecture.
- Ability to recognize the dialectic relationship between people and the built environment in the GCC/Arab region. Ability to recognize the diversity of needs, values, behavioral norms, social patterns as they relate to the creation of the built environment. Ability to recognize the diversity of needs, values, behavioral norms, social patterns as they relate to the creation of the built environment.
- Ability to utilize cutting edge building technology in design.
- Ability to apply visual and verbal communication skills at various stages of architectural design and project delivery processes. Ability to apply and integrate computer technology in design processes and products.
- Ability to critically analyze building designs and conduct post-occupancy evaluation studies.
- Ability to employ architectural research methods including data collection and analysis to assess and propose improvements in existing built environments.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams of architects and various interdisciplinary design teams involved in the building industry.
NAAB International Certification
National Architectural Accrediting Board, Program for International Certification
Qatar University, Department of Architecture and Urban Planning has received the International Certification designation from the National Architectural Accrediting Board for the Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) program. IC was granted in 2018 for a term of six years.
About the College
College of Engineering Vision
The College of Engineering will be recognized in the region for its outstanding education, research and community engagement, and for the quality of its socially responsible graduates.
College of Engineering Mission
The mission of the College of Engineering is to prepare globally competent and socially responsible graduates by providing high-quality education. The college through its quality programs and partnerships fosters research and scholarly endeavors that advance knowledge and contributes to the welfare of the country.
Career Development Center
The Career Development Center provides counseling, training, and professional development services and helps to prepare students to engage and compete for the best career opportunities. It specializes in providing QU students with student employment during their study at QU. Additionally; the Center assists students with sponsorship, internship, and full-time job opportunities and provides numerous career-related resources, programs, and activities.
The Career Development Center at Qatar University shall be the benchmark of Career Services in the region and generate the future leaders of the Qatar National Vision 2030 by helping our students and alumni realize their career dreams.
About the School
QU is committed to providing high-quality education in areas of national priority. Underpinning this commitment is the goal to align its colleges, programs, and courses with established international ... Read More