The bachelor programme in Architectural Technology and Construction Management is a 3½-year full-time programme taught in English. You will gain extensive knowledge within design, planning and implementation of construction projects.
The programme also offers you the opportunity of specialising in one or more professional areas. Sustainability and energy efficient design and construction play a very important role in the programme.
The programme takes place at Campus Horsens or at VIA’s department in Aarhus. Students with an AP degree or a similar diploma can complete a bachelor degree in two years.
Content and Structure
The programme is organised in seven semesters, where each semester covers a theme leading to an understanding of all elements involved, such as design, planning and implementation of construction projects.
The learning process covers theory in combination with a number of multidisciplinary projects to be carried out both individually as well as in groups. Theory lessons and classes will have higher intensity at the beginning of each semester, whereas they, later on, tend to be more project-oriented.
On the 5th semester of this programme, you must choose a specialisation, while the 6th semester allows for the opportunity of gaining practical experience during a work placement period. In the final 7th semester, you will write you final Bachelor project.
Students having an Architectural Technology profile will qualify for occupation in Architectural, Engineering or other consulting companies – often in the capacity of manager or process coordinator.
Students having a Construction Management profile will qualify for occupation within contracting enterprises – often in the capacity as process coordinators and project managers.
VIA University College will accept international students who meet one of the following requirements:
- Upper Secondary School Examination Certificate and Diploma from the Nordic countries, the European Union and associated countries and others who have signed the European Convention on the Equivalence of Diplomas Leading to Admission to Universities
- International and European Baccalaureate
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate and a professional trade education within the building industry
- Senior secondary or high school leaving certificate Arkkitehti, Finland
- The University Foundation Course offered by VIA University College
- Bygg- eller anlægstekniker, Norway
- Gymnasieingenjör, Sweden
- Rakennusmestari, -insinööri, Finland
- Arkkitehti, Finland
- Other equivalent certificates or professional qualifications
Program taught in: