You can go anywhere from here.
Green River College International Programs prides itself on the great service it offers to each and every one of our students. Our goal is to help you to achieve your dream, whether it is to transfer to a top university, better your English or experience the American college life.
Green River - A leader in university transfer
Our 2+2 transfer program offers students an opportunity to start their four-year bachelor's degree. The transfer program provides courses equivalent to the first two years of a university degree. Students can take two years at Green River College, then transfer to a university to complete their four-year degree.
Our students are admitted to many top 100 world universities*, as ranked by Shanghai Jiaotong University, including:
Brown University, California State University, Cornell University, Hawaii Pacific University, Indiana University, Johns Hopkins, Ohio State University, Parsons School of Design, Pratt Institute, Purdue University, San Jose State University, Seattle University, Tufts University, UC Berkeley, UC Santa Barbara, UCLA, UNC - Chapel Hill, University of Michigan, University of Minnesota, University of Oregon, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas at Austin, University of Virginia, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin Washington State University
*Note: Admission to selective universities is highly competitive.
Green River College international students have been admitted to hundreds of universities all over the US. Students gain the qualifications needed for admission at Green River and transfer to top universities as third-year juniors. Admission is not guaranteed, but our students have been very successful in gaining admission to top universities.
In order to obtain a bachelor's degree in the US, all students must complete specific requirements for their major as well as general education requirements which represent a foundation of learning in various areas including Math, Writing, Science, Social Science, and Humanities. Students are given freedom to select classes of their choice from general categories. For example, within the "Social Science" category, students can choose any one of the following subjects: sociology, psychology, political science, history, geography, and others. The Humanities category includes art, speech, communications, languages, music, philosophy, and others. Science includes chemistry, biology, physics, astronomy, and others.
How does it work?
Over 25 universities have offered theUniversity Transfer Pathway (UTP) option to any student who is admitted to Green River. The guarantee does not apply to “impacted” majors. This is how it works:
1. Apply to Green River
2. Select a university – Choose the university from the list. Check the university on the application. Choose one university only. Make sure the university you choose has your major.
You will receive the university conditional admission letter or statement at the same time you receive the Green River admission letter.
The Green River Aeronautical Science BAS degree is designed to prepare students in employment in a variety of Aviation positions, such as pilots, dispatchers, air traffic controllers, airport management, and unmanned aerial systems.
This degree provides students with the opportunity to acquire a deep technical foundation and competency in professional pilot or operations management. Students will learn how to plan, implement, and support aviation flight based operations by either flying aircraft or supporting operations.
Aviation is a key global industry. Careers in aviation require applicants a high level of skill and considerable technical knowledge.The Aeronautical Science BAS to our existing portfolio of AAS degrees is a next logical step in an aviation student's education that strengthens our entire aviation education program and benefits students, employers and the Washington State economy.
The Green River College Aviation degree was constructed by reaching out to industry partners who guided our curriculum and determined our outcomes, and our faculty is guided by quarterly industry meetings.Students who have four years of technical training are more attractive to employers who need to fill these highly technical jobs.
Our bachelor degree prepares students for careers in the following fields:
- Aircrews - as Pilots for Fixed Wing and Rotor Wing flight operations
- Dispatchers - for Commercial Airline and General Aviation flight operations
- Air Traffic Controllers - controlling the nation's air traffic as part of FAA En Route Air Traffic Control Centers (ARTCCs), Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACONs) facilities and Air Traffic Control Towers (ATCTs)
- Airport Managers and Staff working in Airports across Washington and the Pacific Northwest
- Local, regional, national and global Air Transportation System (ATS) Managers and Staff - working in a broad spectrum of critical aviation operations sector jobs and work environments
- The newly emerging and very exciting Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems (UAV/UAS) career areas that will have many opportunities in many other industries besides aviation
In creating the Aeronautical Science BAS, the Green River Aviation department addressed many criteria:
- Washington State education requirements
- Northwest Commission on University and College accreditation requirements
- Department of Education (DOE) federal funding support requirements
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aviation operations requirements
- US Veterans Administration (VA) requirements
- Aviation Industry operational standards
Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on all college-level courses and demonstrate satisfactory academic progress within the degree.
To enter this program, students must have a technical associate degree in an aviation-related field from a regionally accredited institution that includes at least 45 credits of Aviation courses and at least 20 credits of general education courses. A cumulative GPA of 2.0 from all college courses is required.Students must have earned a minimum of 2.5 in all Aviation courses.
Green River offers the following associate degrees:
- Commercial Pilot-Fixed Wing Option
- Commercial Pilot-Rotor Wing Option
- Airline Dispatch
- Air Traffic Control
- Airport Management
- Air Transportation (management)
- Unmanned Aerial Systems
Green River knows how important housing is to the success of a student. This is why our housing staff goes the extra mile to give the best experience possible by providing a caring, positive, safe and supportive American living experience.
CAMPUS CORNER APARTMENTS
Experience traditional American college life at Campus Corner Apartments (CCA)
Students enjoy a convenient, on-campus location; comfortable, high-quality facilities; an excellent study environment; and an opportunity to get involved and make friends in supportive student community of 340 American and international students. Students must be 17 years old at the time of move-in.
Benefits of Living On Campus:
- Living on campus is convenient!
- Walking distance to class, library, fitness center, gym and Performing Arts Center
- Community Center where you can meet and make friends from all over the world
- Lots of on-site student activities
- Private and group study areas
- Easy to get involved in campus activities