The Bachelor of Applied Science in Data Analytics provides graduates with the skills and knowledge needed for employment in the rapidly emerging field of data analytics, which comprises analyzing and interpreting the large datasets now available in a wide range of organizations and industries. Modern data analytics brings together tools and techniques from business, communication, graphic arts, information technology and statistics to collect, mine, interpret and represent large datasets to illustrate concepts and inform decisions.
This degree completion program is designed for individuals with two-year degrees in accounting, business, computer science, database, or related fields. The first 90 credits of the degree are fulfilled by entrance prerequisites. Relevant experience may substitute for some prerequisites.
Bellevue College has carefully designed the overall curriculum scope, as well as individual courses, to help students gain the knowledge, skills, and abilities they need to be successful data analysts. Successful graduates of the program will meet all course and program learning outcomes.
Program graduates should be able to:
- Use technical tools and statistical knowledge to answer questions using data;
- Plan and organize multiple projects to meet deadlines;
- Apply data analytics within business contexts, in accordance with best practices, laws and regulations, and ethics.
- Communicate effectively in multiple contexts and a variety of formats.
- Individuals must have an associate degree in business (management, marketing, sustainable, etc.) or accounting, or information technology (software development, database or business intelligence) Cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all college courses
- At least 30 credits of general education requirements must have been completed as part of the associate's degree (see prerequisites)
- Level one Excel proficiency
- Familiarity with databases
To be considered for the bachelor of applied science in Data Analytics, prospective students must submit the following:
- Completed bachelor of applied science application form.
- Nonrefundable application fee of $75
- Official transcripts from regionally accredited college(s), demonstrating completion of an appropriate associate's degree or equivalent credits, and the prerequisite courses, with a GPA of 2.0 or higher
The Bachelor of Applied Science in Data Analytics is a self-support program and therefore does not necessarily follow the upper division tuition schedule published in the college catalog and quarterly schedule.
Students must apply for graduation. Submit your graduation application form two quarters prior to the expected graduation date and pay the application fee.
Fall: June 1 Winter: October 10 Spring: December 10 Summer: March 15
Completion of all required courses as shown in the worksheet for each corresponding concentration. In addition to eligibility requirements, students must also achieve the following:
- Complete 90 quarter credits in the general program and concentration requirements, with a grade of "C" or better
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all coursework taken at BC and the courses applied to the degree, including credits transferred from other colleges.
- At least 45 quarter credits for the degree must be completed in residence at BC, of which 30 credits must be upper division.
- Courses may be subject to minimum grade requirements and prerequisites.
About the School
BC is the third-largest institution of higher learning in the state of Washington. We’re a student-focused open-access institution that places a strong emphasis on excellent teaching and small class s ... Read More