Make Design Your Life's Work
The Bachelor of Interior Design bachelor’s program provides a well-rounded curriculum strengthened with courses designed to prepare graduates to meet the current demands of the profession with the same equipment, software and technology used in the industry. The BFA program explores universal design, human factors, environmental and sustainable design, and business aspects of the profession. Graduates of the Bachelor of Interior Design develop the technical and creative skills to design interior spaces that meet demanding requirements, not just aesthetically, but also related to safety, accessibility and sustainability.
Our specific objectives are to provide students the following:
- An opportunity to acquire a Bachelor of Applied Design degree in Interior Design in a program emphasizing strong theoretical and practical knowledge.
- A hands-on, learning-centred educational environment that supports and enhances students’ professional and academic development as designers.
- Targeted preparation and training allowing graduates to seek entry-level employment within the design field.
- Access to appropriately credentialed faculty with extensive industry experience.
- Opportunities to influence and lead design innovations within a dynamic, evolving field.
This program consist of 180 credits over 11 quarters
- Fundamentals of Design
- Colour Theory
- Basic Drafting
- Design Basics 3D
- Introduction to Interior Design
- History of Architecture, Interiors and Furniture
- Rendering and Illustration
- Computer-Aided Design
- Programming & Space Planning
- Residential Design
- Human Factors and Psychology of Design
- Materials and Resources
- Advanced Computer-Aided Design
- Corporate Design
- Project Management
- Codes/Barrier Free Design
- 3D Digital Modeling
- 3D Digital Rendering
- Professional Practices
- Interior & Architectural Detailing
- Environmental Design
- Residential Design II
- Building Systems and Materials
- Commercial Design
- Presentation Techniques
- Internship for Interior Design I
- Internship for Interior Design II
- Senior Project I
- Portfolio Preparation
- Senior Project II
- Construction Documents
- Commercial Design II
- Interior Design Elective 1
Graduates go on to work at residential firms, start their own interior design company or work for large-scale companies that require in-house interior designers, such as restaurants, hotels and retail. Alumni have varied careers in commercial design, working on interiors related to, for example, recreational spaces and auto showrooms. Others focus on apartment or condo design, working for large-scale developments or directly with homeowners. Some work in the public sector, managing design needs for hospitals, schools and libraries.
This Degree is offered under the written consent of the Minister of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB).”.
- The BFA prepares students to work as an interior designer in residential and commercial design
- Hands-on educational environment
- Supports and enhances professional and academic development
- Build a portfolio to showcase work
- Innovative programming in a state-of-the-art environment
- Program consists of 180 credits over 11 quarters
- Graduating students receive a bachelor’s degree
Students in the Bachelor of Interior Design are surrounded and inspired by their talented, creatively driven peers in a contemporary learning environment, where they gain strong theoretical and practical knowledge to help guide them in their career.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Design training that will enable them to work in the interior design field, both commercial and residential.
- Technical knowledge and skills related to the philosophy of design.
- To design interiors and convey the concepts to a client prior to implementation.
- Understanding of the disciplines of environmental design, interior design, interior architecture, adaptive reuse, spatial design and exhibition design.
- Industry software tools, including SketchUp Pro and Autodesk AutoCad.
Who Should Apply?
Students directly out of high school, or mature students who are ready for a career change or to build on the skills they have.
- Those with an interest in design and architecture
- Comfortable with technology
- Eager to learn new skills and be challenged
- Creatives with an eye for design
About the School
Located at the bottom of the west coastal mountains, LaSalle College Vancouver has welcomed students from around the world. LaSalle College Vancouver is an award winning higher education provider offe ... Read More