Entertainment Management is ideal for students wanting to work in the business and management side of the music and entertainment industries. So if you dream of a career as an Artist Manager, Tour Manager, Event Manager, Festival Organizer, Booker, Agent, Publicist, Venue Manager, or if you want to work in an A&R role or in a Marketing or Publicity role, Entertainment Management is for you.
You will be taught and mentored by industry experts who are currently working within music festivals, touring companies, and record labels. You will undertake fundamental units such as marketing and business strategy, publicity, music publishing, and project and event management.
The Bachelor of Applied Business (Entertainment Management) develops your understanding of the business and management side of the music and entertainment industries. You will build your theoretical understanding of event management, business processes, media, accounting and legal studies, while developing strong practical skills and a portfolio of work that will demonstrate experience in these fields. The Degree can be completed in six trimesters (two years) of full-time study.
Throughout the degree, you will:
- Work on industry projects with musicians and audio producers
- Manage, promote and produce live events
- Develop an in-depth understanding of publicity, marketing and the media
- Gain knowledge and experience in artist and tour management
- Secure valuable insight into the entertainment industry and access career pathways
- Undertake a 60-hour work placement
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 3, 2018